Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Handout always "loading"

Hi, one of my more important handout will no longer load the txt on it. When i bring it up it just shows a constant "Loading....." massage in both public and Gm only sections. How can i get the information to show up again?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm... I'd suggest opening the Javascript console and seeing if there is an error being shown.  In Chrome, you go to View->Developer->Javascript Console, not sure on Firefox, but probably similar.  If there is an error when you try to open that handout, you'll probably need a dev's assistance to look at it. You might also try looking at the handout in the External Journal and see if it pulls up. Also, you can try editing the Handout and see  if the content shows up for edit even if it doesn't get displayed.
GM RedBear said: Hi, one of my more important handout will no longer load the txt on it. When i bring it up it just shows a constant "Loading....." massage in both public and Gm only sections. How can i get the information to show up again? I have had this problem in the past. Roll20 investigated it and found the handout data was corrupted. Their only suggestion was to recover the handout from a backup. I now backup my game constantly.
Thanks
Hello GM RedBear, I am sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with your Handout. Can you let us know the name of the campaign/sheet and when you first noticed this issue? This can happens when the Journal entry becomes corrupted. The only fix is to have the devs roll back your game to before you first noticed the issue. Additionally, the best practice is to also wait until the game fully loads before opening any Journal entry to help keep this issue from happening.   Thanks!
Thank you, it happened around 11pm(Uk time) on Saturday the 6th in my "GmRedBear Dungeon of the mad mage" game. The handout is the "paypal payments" hndout. Much appreciated