Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Calling abilities in a macro

Edited 1562553559
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm trying to get repeating abilities to show up in a macro, to make a quick dropdown list macro for players to reference condition effects. I made a character called "Conditions" and adding the conditions and their descriptions as abilities. But I cannot seem to get it right, it breaks when I add the call for it. I'm trying to do this (only have 2 so far to test until I get it working to add the rest): ?{ConditionsList| Bleed,@{Conditions|repeating_ability_-LjELRjwxaZMx1wpNZnY_roll}| Blinded,@{Conditions|repeating_ability_-LjEOjf9suQKf44p95s4_roll} } What it should do is call the ability and spit out the roll to chat like such, the same as if I hit the roll button: What am I missing here to pull this off?

Edited 1562556957
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I think you are having roll query  character substitution issues.  Once the query starts parsing the macro-text of each condition roll it's going to fail when it encounters the special characters used for queries ie " |  ,  } ".  You might be able to make the substitutions within the repeating Abilities macro-text on the "Conditions" character.  Not tested. I'm guessing the direct roll from the Conditions sheet would fail if those substitutions were made, but perhaps your query macro would work.

Edited 1562558621
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You might be better off making a chat menu of conditions or just making a macro that includes the Condition description in it example; &{template:pf_block} {{name=Condition Description}} {{Description = ?{ConditionsList| Bleed, **Bleed** - A Creature with this ability causes wounds that continue to bleed, inflicting additional Damage each round at the start of the affected creature's turn. This bleeding can be stopped by a successful DC 15 Heal skill check or through the application of any magical Healing. The amount of Damage each round is determined in the creature's entry.| Blinded, **Blinded** - The creature cannot see. It takes a –2 penalty to Armor Class, loses its Dexterity bonus to AC (if any), and takes a –4 penalty on most Strength– and Dexterity-based skill checks and on opposed Perception skill checks. All checks and activities that rely on vision (such as reading and Perception checks based on sight) automatically fail. All opponents are considered to have total concealment (50% miss chance) against the blinded character. Blind creatures must make a DC 10 Acrobatics skill check to move faster than half speed. Creatures that fail this check fall prone. Characters who remain blinded for a long time grow accustomed to these drawbacks and can overcome some of them.} }}

Edited 1562561941
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It seems that might be one of the only ways. I tried replacing with substitutions, just calling parts and trying to 'string' it back together, and other random things for the hell of it, none helped :\. I'll either do yours, or do an !API that reads it all from the character and rebuilds it to send to change based on the dropdown. Wish query worked with it, that would have made it so much simpler :)