Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Kobold Press] Midgard Heroes Handbook Bug Thread

Kavini
Roll20 Production Team
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Thank you for purchasing Midgard Heroes Handbook! Please report any bug or game issues below.  Quick Guide Accessing your content Compendium You can access the Midgard Heroes Handbook in the  in-app compendium , as well as on the  Roll20 web compendium . Which Character Sheet should I use? This Kobold Press product on Roll20 uses the Dungeons & Dragons by Roll20 sheet.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Observation, mentioned in this thread: Darion said: I've dabbled a bit with the Charactermancer using the new book. Looks like some of the background stories from Midgard doesn't prompt the option to select the flaws, bonds etc. 
New weapons from the book are missing. Can confirm the following as of 5 minutes ago: Andreas J. said: Observation, mentioned in this thread: Darion said: I've dabbled a bit with the Charactermancer using the new book. Looks like some of the background stories from Midgard doesn't prompt the option to select the flaws, bonds etc. 
Other bugs: Charactermancer Fighter Archetype Ghost Knight missing. Compendium: Fighter Archetype Ghost Knight missing.
Kavini
Roll20 Production Team
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hi all, There was some issue with the compendium data that seems to have been resolved, backgrounds appear to be working as intended, but please let me know if there are other outstanding issues. In addition, there has been some snafu with the Ghost Knight subclass/background/monster from Tome of Beasts. The subclass and monster have been resolved and we're working on fixing the background, hopefully that will be resolved in a few hours. Lastly, the weapons should be present in the compendium, they were just linked incorrectly from the front page. This has now been updated, but the correct link is here . Apologies for this slight mixup, and thanks for reporting the problems so quickly! Nic
Hi Nic, The weapons still don't seem to be showing up in my in-game compendium, but the normal HTTP website compendium works.  There's a link to Weapons (Midgard) under rules, but nothing in items for them, ie Compound bow, etc.
the background ghost knight isn't functioning properly in either the charactermancer and compendium.
The spell list looks a bit strange to me, having a table of contents that goes as far as MDCCLVIII, with each entry saying things like "casting time" or "components" or "duration". Makes the handout a bit less readable and more laggy.  Also while not a bug, since the roll20 built-in spell list system is a bit clunky and won't allow for searching spells directly by their subtype (Clockwork, Chaos, etc) would it at all be possible to make a searchable "list" of those deep magic spells? It would be a little less clunky. I know that some (but not all) of the wizard subclasses have a list of the new spells, but it doesn't make it clear if they are wizard-exclusive or can be shared among other classes.
the feat dragonsmith and dragon rider have the same description.
Kavini
Roll20 Production Team
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Jake S. said: Hi Nic, The weapons still don't seem to be showing up in my in-game compendium, but the normal HTTP website compendium works.  There's a link to Weapons (Midgard) under rules, but nothing in items for them, ie Compound bow, etc. Hi Jake, I'm seeing these appear in the items section of the compendium in-game. Can you confirm that your game has the 5th edition compendium enabled and that you've looked in the Compendium Panel, that way I can submit this as a system bug. Please see the screenshot below as an example. Graveborne said: the background ghost knight isn't functioning properly in either the charactermancer and compendium. Hi Graveborne, It took a little longer to fix this than anticipated; it should now be resolved. Graveborne said: the feat dragonsmith and dragon rider have the same description. This has also been resolved. Please let me know if you encounter any further issues. Thanks for reporting! Chirthorpe said: The spell list looks a bit strange to me, having a table of contents that goes as far as MDCCLVIII, with each entry saying things like "casting time" or "components" or "duration". Makes the handout a bit less readable and more laggy.  Also while not a bug, since the roll20 built-in spell list system is a bit clunky and won't allow for searching spells directly by their subtype (Clockwork, Chaos, etc) would it at all be possible to make a searchable "list" of those deep magic spells? It would be a little less clunky. I know that some (but not all) of the wizard subclasses have a list of the new spells, but it doesn't make it clear if they are wizard-exclusive or can be shared among other classes. Hi Chirthorpe, I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean with regards to the table of contents. Would you be able to explain further or provide a screenshot? While I'm unable to change the way that the Roll20 compendium functions, I think you make a good point about spell lists, and I will add some class-based spell lists as their own pages in short order. Thanks for the suggestion! As ever, thanks for purchasing and for providing feedback. Please don't hesitate to get in contact with future questions or issues you encounter.
Hey, sure I can provide a screenshot of what I mean. When you open the Spells List, it opens it to around halfway down the document where the table of contents stops. It might be a generic roll20 problem, but I've never noticed it before so I assumed it's an MHH module thing. Other than that, glad to offer a suggestion. :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
MDCCLVIII? 1,758? Somebody at Kobold Press needs to be stopped! :)
is there a way to manage which games i host have access to the Midgard Material. I would just like to take it out and put it in
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Absolutely. Compendium Sharing .
My problem with the insanely long table of contents for the spell list was fixed (or seemed to be), but has returned.