Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Separate Loot Sheet with Compendium Compatibility

Edited 1563615049
I realise this has been suggested in some ways before, and am hoping to refine the concept in the hopes that more people will be interested in this feature. TLDR: Separate inventory/loot sheets distinct from handouts and character sheets to track party loot/ships/inventories/bags of holding/backpacks that can be dropped, etc. and can be edited by multiple players at the same time (like a character sheet) Currently, our groups use handouts to track group treasure before it is divvied by the party. While using handouts is fine for party loot, they have several problems: Only one person can edit at a time It is not compatible with the compendium It takes considerably more time to format inventory slots A whole character sheet as an alternative for an inventory is aesthetically displeasing, not to mention cramped. Separate Inventory/Loot Sheet with Compendium Compatibility I propose a sheet that works in a similar way to the character sheet inventory, with separate sections to represent different containers. In its simplest form, this could be a page that is essentially like the inventory section of a 5e character sheet (although system agnostic would be nice). An area to track various coin denominations (perhaps possibility to name the currencies for system agnostic approach) An area to track items that do not have a counted weight (i.e. in a dimensional space, such as a portable hole, handy haversack or bag of holding); this could also be solved with an additional column to count weight but not against the overall weight Compatible with the compendium (would be good to drag and drop as per the regular 5e inventory) Tracks weight based on the weight column Can be edited/viewed by multiple players at once. Bonus round: These would be good to have features, but not necessary required features: Value column which adds up the value to let you know how much the total gear is worth. Functionality to increase coin/currency amounts by an amount, similar to token hit points Separate areas to track magic items, plot items, gems and art objects, mundane items and consumables.
Can be dragged into a character's inventory, and will appear to be named / have weight set as per the container sheet name / total weight?
I meant more in the sense that items could be added to it drag and drop style. But maybe that functionality would work if adding some sort of link? Also, as a secondary thought, what if they made handouts so that they recognised certain tags, i.e. you have a tag "Weight:5", and if you drag and drop that handout onto an inventory, it works as a compendium item?
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .