Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

multiple attack macro for 5e

alright i am at my wits end here.what i am looking for is a way to roll 2 attacks with the same macro that looks like the 5e stuff. i can't seem to find the multiattack template enywhere on here.  is there a way to click a macro and it shows to rolls that have two rolls for advantage/disadvantage, the name and mod in it?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
AFAIK, there's no multiattack button option. I'm assuming that simply triggering the attack button twice is not an option? We'll need to know which sheet you are using.
AFAIK i am using the roll20 created 5e sheet, and as far as triggering it is just taking to much time to have to click the attack then click the name to roll damage and then do it again. i try to keep my turn as fast as possible and i have multiple attacks and it would be easier to have one button to roll all the ones of the same type at once so i can just click each type 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Well, for the click to roll damage, that's a setting you can change on the settings tab of a given PC or NPC , or you can change the behavior for all characters on your games settings page . You could set up a custom Ability to roll a given attack twice in a row, but that's a bit involved. If you have one or two attacks (it sounds like from your description you are a player?) then you can create a macro bar button for each of those attacks. Open your character sheet (it cannot be popped out into its own window for this), find the attack you want to have quick access to, and instead of clicking on it, click and drag it down to your macro bar. (If the macro bar is not displayed, you can turn that on on the settings tab of your game while you are logged in). It will probably have a very long name. Right click on it and it will allow you to type in a name of your choice (ex. "Great Axe"). Now to do two attacks, just click that button twice. If you have auto roll damage turned on, you won't even need extra clicks to roll damage.
okay that might work and while i have you here i have a macro that does something close to what i want but i can't click the name of the atta and get the damage how do i do that? here is the macro: &{template:atk} {{mod=@{spell_attack_bonus}}} {{rname=First Blast}} {{r1=[[1d20+@{spell_attack_bonus}]]}} {{always=1}} {{r2=[[1d20+@{spell_attack_bonus}]]}} {{attack=1}} {{range=120 ft.}} {{charname=@{name}}} &{template:atk} {{mod=@{spell_attack_bonus}}} {{rname=First Blast}} {{r1=[[1d20+@{spell_attack_bonus}]]}} {{always=1}} {{r2=[[1d20+@{spell_attack_bonus}]]}} {{attack=1}} {{range=120 ft.}} {{charname=@{name}}} what setting allows me to do that? cos i can't find one that i have changed that does it
Knight General said: okay that might work and while i have you here i have a macro that does something close to what i want but i can't click the name of the atta and get the damage how do i do that? here is the macro: &{template:atk} {{mod=@{spell_attack_bonus}}} {{rname=First Blast}} {{r1=[[1d20+@{spell_attack_bonus}]]}} {{always=1}} {{r2=[[1d20+@{spell_attack_bonus}]]}} {{attack=1}} {{range=120 ft.}} {{charname=@{name}}} &{template:atk} {{mod=@{spell_attack_bonus}}} {{rname=First Blast}} {{r1=[[1d20+@{spell_attack_bonus}]]}} {{always=1}} {{r2=[[1d20+@{spell_attack_bonus}]]}} {{attack=1}} {{range=120 ft.}} {{charname=@{name}}} what setting allows me to do that? cos i can't find one that i have changed that does it For the Macro, you can add @{atta|wtype} to the beginning to reference the character. So:  @{atta|wtype}&{template:atk} {{mod=@{spell_attack_bonus}}} ... On the character sheet under settings (the gear icon), there is an option for "Auto Damage Roll," which you can set to Auto Roll Damage & Crit.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't think atta was the name of the character, just a typo for attack. You should be able to get what you want by changing the beginning of your macro to: &{template:atkdmg}  If you set your character's roll type on the settings page, it will cause that template to be used instead of the one that is the two step process. Since you are using a manual macro, you need to make sure you are writing one that uses the template you want.
i think i found a solution to my problem. what i came up with was writing one for attacks and a separate one for damage. right now i have a total of three attacks and on occasion 5 attacks. one is part of a spell, two are my normal, and then last two are from action surge ability from fighter. is there a way to make a query before the attacks are rolled that adds in the two action surge attacks based on the answer to the query? &{template:atk} {{mod=[[@{strength_mod}+@{pb}]]}} {{rname=First Strike}} {{r1=[[1d20+@{strength_mod}+@{pb}]]}} {{always=1}} {{r2=[[1d20+@{strength_mod}+@{pb}]]}} {{charname=@{name}} &{template:atk} {{mod=[[@{strength_mod}+@{pb}]]}} {{rname=First Strike}} {{r1=[[1d20+@{strength_mod}+@{pb}]]}} {{always=1}} {{r2=[[1d20+@{strength_mod}+@{pb}]]}} {{charname=@{name}} &{template:atk} {{mod=[[@{strength_mod}+@{pb}]]}} {{rname=First Strike}} {{r1=[[1d20+@{strength_mod}+@{pb}]]}} {{always=1}} {{r2=[[1d20+@{strength_mod}+@{pb}]]}} {{charname=@{name}} here i would like to add a query to add &{template:atk} {{mod=[[@{strength_mod}+@{pb}]]}} {{rname=First Strike}} {{r1=[[1d20+@{strength_mod}+@{pb}]]}} {{always=1}} {{r2=[[1d20+@{strength_mod}+@{pb}]]}} {{charname=@{name}} &{template:atk} {{mod=[[@{strength_mod}+@{pb}]]}} {{rname=First Strike}} {{r1=[[1d20+@{strength_mod}+@{pb}]]}} {{always=1}} {{r2=[[1d20+@{strength_mod}+@{pb}]]}} {{charname=@{name}} then i would have a damage macro based on how many of them hit. i know there is a limit as to homany fields can be put into a macro, but i don't know what that limit is. how many can i have?