Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Regarding levelling up with the charactermancer

Hello. For some reason my players can't level up using the charactermancer. Clicking the 'level up' icon after typing in the appropriate xp, nothing happens.
What if they click the gear icon next to Core, Bio, Spells and then the Launch Level+ Charactermancer at the bottom of the third column?

Edited 1563135278
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
To level up, you have to go to the Settings page on the Character Sheet and click the Launch Level+ Charactermancer button (as shown in the screenshot). Is that what you are clicking on, or is there something else you are trying to do? Adding XP doesn't change anything as far as the Charactermancer is concerned or automate the level up process - do you have an API script that is helping you track XP? Even if you do, you still have to launch the Charactermancer in the same way.
Tried all of that. Didn't work. Looks like it's a json problem :/  The characters were exported from another adventure by me the DM. I imported them into a new adventure.
Hello Darion, I am sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with the Charactermancer. To rule out potential causes and provide the necessary data for the devs,  please carefully work through these steps of our guide to   Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through all of  Step 4 . Be sure to include the name of the campaign, name of all affected Character sheets, and the complete Console Log as well.  Thank you!
Hey! I think I figured it out. It seems to derive from me as the DM exporting and importing the other players characters. It messed up the string, so it didn't link properly to their json.
Hello again Darion, I am glad to hear that you have resolved this issue. As such I am going to close this thread.  Feel free to start a new thread if you have any further issues. Thanks!