Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder by Roll20 v.1.3 (Q2Y2019)

Checked in on my Pathfinder game just now, using Firefox.  Image links in the character sheet  and chat window are broken.  Like the Paizo logo doesn't display and some images in the roll-template come up broken as well.  I am also experiencing similar issues with my Starfinder game sheet.
Is there a way to to have the sheet recalculate above and beyond the "RECALC" button on the config tab? I just removed an AC item from a character and it didn't adjust. I changed numbers around on other AC items and nothing is changing. Other fields such as weapons and skills are recalculating normally but the things in the AC Items section are just all dead.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Adam said: Is there a way to to have the sheet recalculate above and beyond the "RECALC" button on the config tab? I just removed an AC item from a character and it didn't adjust. I changed numbers around on other AC items and nothing is changing. Other fields such as weapons and skills are recalculating normally but the things in the AC Items section are just all dead. Hi Adam. Removing AC items should change AC numbers (and related stat). So you might have encounter a bug. Could you provide a console log? 
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Luke H. said: Checked in on my Pathfinder game just now, using Firefox.  Image links in the character sheet  and chat window are broken.  Like the Paizo logo doesn't display and some images in the roll-template come up broken as well.  I am also experiencing similar issues with my Starfinder game sheet.  Hi Luke H. Can you check with another browser and/or connection? AFAIK, there is no problem with image linking, so it might be a problem on your side. Retrying whith deactivated plugins might be a good idea, also.
I checked on it again just now and the images are all fine now.  Same with the Starfinder sheet.  It seems to have been a temporary thing. 
Hi, I'm unclear on how to track level 0 spells in the situation below. This bard has a daily allotment of 5 level 0 spells per day - 4 as normal and 1 bonus spell. However, I can only track a maximum of 4 level 0 spells despite the sheet saying I'm able to "prepare" 5 (I say "prepare" but bards don't actually prepare spells beforehand). How can I use the sheet to track the 5 level 0 spells this character is supposed to have?

Edited 1563177762
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sarapen said: Hi, I'm unclear on how to track level 0 spells in the situation below. This bard has a daily allotment of 5 level 0 spells per day - 4 as normal and 1 bonus spell. However, I can only track a maximum of 4 level 0 spells despite the sheet saying I'm able to "prepare" 5 (I say "prepare" but bards don't actually prepare spells beforehand). How can I use the sheet to track the 5 level 0 spells this character is supposed to have? I think there is a rule confusion there. A Bard has a limited number of 0 level spells (4 at level 1), but can cast them (without preparation) without limit. So, the preparation / prepared / per day information for 0 level spell for Bard is not to be used on the charater sheet (just the "Known" part is important).
I see, thanks for clarifying. 
I've noticed that when using API commands to adjust the attribute value for conditions, the dot that's normally between the names of conditions displayed on the sheet seems to glitch Is this a bug in the sheet, or is it something unavoidable when applying conditions in a way other than manually ticking them as active?

Edited 1563036543
So, is there a reason why Rapid Shot/Off-Hand attacks don't have an option to add secondary damage and bonus dice? After all, for Rapid Shot, if the normal attacks have, say, energy damage, the extra attack will have it too. And as for Off-hand attacks, well, if your off-hand weapon has energy damage, as would seem like a relatively common occurence at mid-to-high levels, then there's no way of doing that given the current sheet. For context, I'm running a Rapid Shot user with a Corrosive weapon and Studied Combat. However, the only way I've found to give his extra attack both the acid damage and the precision damage is to list them both as separate attacks. Except a) the limited number of extra attacks means that's not an option for two-weapon fighting characters and b) the extra attacks also lack the option to skip the attack roll, like the normal attacks have, so it insists on rolling attack rolls for things that don't need it. Because of this, it's very inconvenient to read when one has to actively sort out which rolls to use and which to ignore. Forgive me if my frustration is coming out in my post; I just cannot fathom why these extra attacks should be so much more limited that the standard attacks.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Seph said: I've noticed that when using API commands to adjust the attribute value for conditions, the dot that's normally between the names of conditions displayed on the sheet seems to glitch Is this a bug in the sheet, or is it something unavoidable when applying conditions in a way other than manually ticking them as active? Hi Seph. Thanks for your feedback. This is weird. But it seems like the sheet worker code on the sheet is not behaving as expected when called "from" the API. The characters added between two conditions are a space, a bullet point and another space. So it seems that the character encoding is not properly done when going through API, and then the sheet workers. I'll look into ASAP.

Edited 1563178737
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Andy S. said: So, is there a reason why Rapid Shot/Off-Hand attacks don't have an option to add secondary damage and bonus dice? After all, for Rapid Shot, if the normal attacks have, say, energy damage, the extra attack will have it too. And as for Off-hand attacks, well, if your off-hand weapon has energy damage, as would seem like a relatively common occurence at mid-to-high levels, then there's no way of doing that given the current sheet. For context, I'm running a Rapid Shot user with a Corrosive weapon and Studied Combat. However, the only way I've found to give his extra attack both the acid damage and the precision damage is to list them both as separate attacks. Except a) the limited number of extra attacks means that's not an option for two-weapon fighting characters and b) the extra attacks also lack the option to skip the attack roll, like the normal attacks have, so it insists on rolling attack rolls for things that don't need it. Because of this, it's very inconvenient to read when one has to actively sort out which rolls to use and which to ignore. Forgive me if my frustration is coming out in my post; I just cannot fathom why these extra attacks should be so much more limited that the standard attacks. Hi Andy S. and thanks for your feedback. Every supplementary information (attribute) on the sheet add some extra load to the character, thus the game. The Pathfinder 1 sheet is a heavy sheet as it is, and to avoid slowing down the game too much, we tried to limit as much as possible the "attributes creep". Extra attacks were meant for simpler addition to the already features rich attacks. I'm sorry to remind that as stated in the first post of this thread, no new features will be added to the sheet, as PF2 is coming soon. If you need additionnal damage rolls/informations, note that in almost any "text"/information attribute of attacks, you can add any inline rolls in the content, and it will be rolled and shown (integrated in the calculation) in the roll template. For example, using the MOD attribute of damage:   Or using the notes or description :   
Natha said: Hi Seph. Thanks for your feedback. This is weird. But it seems like the sheet worker code on the sheet is not behaving as expected when called "from" the API. The characters added between two conditions are a space, a bullet point and another space. So it seems that the character encoding is not properly done when going through API, and then the sheet workers. I'll look into ASAP. Thanks, Natha. In case it's worth noting, this is when using the script ChatSetAttr.
Natha said: Andy S. said: So, is there a reason why Rapid Shot/Off-Hand attacks don't have an option to add secondary damage and bonus dice? After all, for Rapid Shot, if the normal attacks have, say, energy damage, the extra attack will have it too. And as for Off-hand attacks, well, if your off-hand weapon has energy damage, as would seem like a relatively common occurence at mid-to-high levels, then there's no way of doing that given the current sheet. For context, I'm running a Rapid Shot user with a Corrosive weapon and Studied Combat. However, the only way I've found to give his extra attack both the acid damage and the precision damage is to list them both as separate attacks. Except a) the limited number of extra attacks means that's not an option for two-weapon fighting characters and b) the extra attacks also lack the option to skip the attack roll, like the normal attacks have, so it insists on rolling attack rolls for things that don't need it. Because of this, it's very inconvenient to read when one has to actively sort out which rolls to use and which to ignore. Forgive me if my frustration is coming out in my post; I just cannot fathom why these extra attacks should be so much more limited that the standard attacks. Hi Andy S. and thanks for your feedback. Every supplementary information (attribute) on the sheet add some extra load to the character, thus the game. The Pathfinder 1 sheet is a heavy sheet as it is, and to avoid slowing down the game too much, we tried to limit as much as possible the "attributes creep". Extra attacks were meant for simpler addition to the already features rich attacks. I'm sorry to remind that as stated in the first post of this thread, no new features will be added to the sheet, as PF2 is coming soon. If you need additionnal damage rolls/informations, note that in almost any "text"/information attribute of attacks, you can add any inline rolls in the content, and it will be rolled and shown (integrated in the calculation) in the roll template. For example, using the MOD attribute of damage:   Or using the notes or description :    Okay, the second one works - the first doesn't really take into account that you sometimes need to separate the types of damage due to an enemy being resistant or the like, but the second works fine. Follow-up question: is there a way to put a modifier in the MOD attribute of damage such that it is exempted from being modified on a critical. So, for example, if you had a normal modifier of 2 as well as 3 precision damage, is there a way of putting in "+2+3" such that the 2 is multiplied on a critical, but the 3 isn't?

Edited 1563251069
Andy S. said: Okay, the second one works - the first doesn't really take into account that you sometimes need to separate the types of damage due to an enemy being resistant or the like, but the second works fine. Follow-up question: is there a way to put a modifier in the MOD attribute of damage such that it is exempted from being modified on a critical. So, for example, if you had a normal modifier of 2 as well as 3 precision damage, is there a way of putting in "+2+3" such that the 2 is multiplied on a critical, but the 3 isn't? I prefer using the type section, since there's one for every extra attack; meanwhile, there's only one description/notes section for the whole attack. You could also format it as S + [[1d3[ACID]]] to save space. Hovering over the result would show the text within the roll.
Natha said: This is weird. But it seems like the sheet worker code on the sheet is not behaving as expected when called "from" the API. The characters added between two conditions are a space, a bullet point and another space. So it seems that the character encoding is not properly done when going through API, and then the sheet workers. I'll look into ASAP. This is a known issue: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7440478/api-no-longer-triggering-sheet-workers" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7440478/api-no-longer-triggering-sheet-workers</a>
Rabulias said: This is a known issue: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7440478/api-no-longer-triggering-sheet-workers" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7440478/api-no-longer-triggering-sheet-workers</a> Thanks for pointing this out. I've posted a report of this specific issue to that thread.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Andy S. said: Follow-up question: is there a way to put a modifier in the MOD attribute of damage such that it is exempted from being modified on a critical. So, for example, if you had a normal modifier of 2 as well as 3 precision damage, is there a way of putting in "+2+3" such that the 2 is multiplied on a critical, but the 3 isn't? &nbsp;Sorry, no. Not for extra attacks.
Natha said: &nbsp;Sorry, no. Not for extra attacks. Oh well. Thanks for your help.
Wielding a two-handed weapon while you have a strength penalty multiples the penalty by 1.5 rather than it being just 1x the strength penalty. For example using a longspear with a -2 Strength results in 1d8-3 instead of 1d8-2.
Choosing a human in the charactermancer doesn't include the skilled racial trait in any calculations and right now has to be manually added in by increasing the "ranks per level" of the class multiplier by 1, which could get mega wonky during multiclassing.
Is there a way to set up a buff to grant a bonus to Ability Checks but not to the Ability Scores? For example, I have a class feature that grants me a +4 Sacred bonus to Strength Checks, CMB, and Strength based skill checks... I can get the buff set up for CMB &amp; Strength based skills easy enough, but I'm not sure how (if it's even possible at the moment) to add a buff to Strength Checks.
Bug: multiple buffs granting Dodge bonuses are not stacking. Dodge bonuses are one of the few bonus types that explicitly do stack by the core rulebook. A&nbsp; dodge bonus &nbsp;improves&nbsp; armor class &nbsp;(and sometimes&nbsp; Reflex &nbsp;saves) resulting from physical skill at avoiding blows and other ill effects. Dodge bonuses are&nbsp; never&nbsp; 1 &nbsp;usually not granted by spells or magic items. Any situation or effect (except wearing armor) that negates a character’s&nbsp; Dexterity &nbsp;bonus also negates any dodge bonuses the character may have.&nbsp; Dodge bonuses stack with all other bonuses to&nbsp; AC ,&nbsp; even other dodge bonuses . Dodge bonuses apply against&nbsp; touch &nbsp;attacks.

Edited 1569153539
Not really a bug, but I was wondering is there a way to separate the any bonuses from damage 2? I know there are very different ways to write additional damage die but none are as efficient or clean as putting them in damage 2. However; a lot of things that give you a different type of damage tied to one attack do not take the buff twice. Alternatively; is there a keyword for to summon all the temporary damage buffs? If there is no solution to the first I may simple do something along the lines of damage2 - buff damage. &nbsp;I found this part.

Edited 1571157076
Hey, there seems to be some kind of a graphical glitch that's popped up just now... We're using the "Pathfinder by Roll20" Character Sheets. It seems to be a formatting error, rather than any kind of a functional defect. I was wondering if it had anything to do with the 5e or Pathfinder 2e changes. (Don't know why it would be, but it seems like it happened at the same time.) One of my players brought it to my attention. He's tried in Chrome &amp; Firefox, and from what I've tested myself, it does seem to be a Roll20 issue. The issues are present in the character sheets themselves as well as the chat log. Screenshots:
Hello, I have the same problem as well. Both as player and GM, accros all games I'm in.

Edited 1571184744
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I think this is may be the same/similar issue reported here: Pathfinder by Roll20 character sheet red text does not fit in text frames FYI: The red text fenced by brackets usually means that the roll20 vtt can't find the translation/localization key for that word or phrase.&nbsp;
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vince said: I think this is may be the same/similar issue reported here: Pathfinder by Roll20 character sheet red text does not fit in text frames FYI: The red text fenced by brackets usually means that the roll20 vtt can't find the translation/localization key for that word or phrase.&nbsp; Yes. This should be fixed since yesterday.
Is there any way for us as players to add the auto lv to pathfinder 1 sheet? since there are those of us still interested I figure should be an easy fix. And if there are no moderators or whoever does it interested in fixing it I thought one of us players that used it could. :)
I'm wondering if I can segregate on the configuration page the "@classX_level" from the Hit Die Roll button and the Skill Ranks calculation? I'm working with classes that specifically don't grant Hit Die, sort of how the monster classes presented in Savage Species worked. For Skill Ranks I can just calculate by hand what it's supposed to be and add a negative Misc modifier, but there's not much I can do to lower the HD roll if that ever comes up. Would the best practice be putting in the @classX_level field the effect class level or the actual HD?

Edited 1574028790
Hello. I've been trying to build an occultist character in the character sheet, but I'm having trouble with the buffs. After adding an attribute to track a resource allocated to a class feature, I've made a simple buff that is referring to that attribute for calculating the bonus, but it isn't actually applied to the sheet when the buff is activated. Any way to make this work? Thanks!
Hello, So a player of mine is having his AC ability increased when he adds a buff to his Strength. His AC modifier are correctly defined though: So anything he can do to resolve this?
Drekey said: Hello, So a player of mine is having his AC ability increased when he adds a buff to his Strength. His AC modifier are correctly defined though: So anything he can do to resolve this? You might want to double check their actual buffs. There is a +8 Temporary bonus listed there from a buff... the +6 in ability is correct as that is their Dex (+3) plus their Wis (+3).
Is there a way to interact with the Rest button using the API? I'm hoping to create a macro that applies all the affects of a full-rest.
Is there any way to add extra dice of damage on criticals? Like for example with the feat Bleeding Critical it would be great to be able to have the 2d6 bleeding damage be added only when confirming a crit.
Zush said: Is there any way to add extra dice of damage on criticals? Like for example with the feat Bleeding Critical it would be great to be able to have the 2d6 bleeding damage be added only when confirming a crit. I don't think there is. For features like that I would either add to the attack's notes something like, Situational: +[[2d6]] bleed dmg on crit (Bleeding Critical) or I create a new attack item called Bleeding Critical with the attack roll unchecked and the damage roll as 2d6. Generally I would prefer the latter as that way you can quickly roll the special Bleeding Critical attack on subsequent turns that the target takes the bleed damage.

Edited 1579039774
Seph said: Zush said: Is there any way to add extra dice of damage on criticals? Like for example with the feat Bleeding Critical it would be great to be able to have the 2d6 bleeding damage be added only when confirming a crit. I don't think there is. For features like that I would either add to the attack's notes something like, Situational: +[[2d6]] bleed dmg on crit (Bleeding Critical) or I create a new attack item called Bleeding Critical with the attack roll unchecked and the damage roll as 2d6. Generally I would prefer the latter as that way you can quickly roll the special Bleeding Critical attack on subsequent turns that the target takes the bleed damage. Yup that's a good idea, thanks! Edit: Is there anyway to not have the damage show up as critical every time when you're rolling without an attack roll? Kind of a minor issue admittedly.
Is there a way to manually change the order of the WEAPONS/ATTACKS section if multiple weapons are listed?

Edited 1583479414
Dan said: Is there a way to manually change the order of the WEAPONS/ATTACKS section if multiple weapons are listed? Click the padlock button in the bottom right of the section, this will give each item a 'handle' to click and drag it to rearrange the list, as well as a delete button next to each one. This works best if the sheet is not in a separate window.
Is there a way to add a modifier to iterative attack damage rolls that only applies to the first attack?
Hello,&nbsp; I just want to report a bug in the html or css for the most recent "Pathfinder by Roll20" that is accessible in the github page.&nbsp; I copied the html and css into a game for custom sheet and got the below results.&nbsp; It looks fine in preview but not in game.&nbsp; I went back to the second to last version for it, and they seem to work fine.&nbsp; Thanks
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
That looks like a missing translation file.&nbsp; Did you grab that file also on your first attempt?

Edited 1585261885
I tried several times, recopying, and using the translation posted.&nbsp;&nbsp; And, the previous version from a month earlier works perfectly, so I know my method worked...&nbsp; I even made a new game and tried it.&nbsp; Maybe its just the translation file that is the problem? &nbsp; Either way, I'm good with the previous one.&nbsp; Just wanted to note it.&nbsp; Thanks
Noted a bug I have not seen previously, Deflection bonuses are stacking incorrectly, my character in a game I play (I am not the GM) has the following bonuses AC Item (Ring of Protection +1): 1 (in Deflection column) Buff 1 (Exact buff text used): +2 Deflection to AC; +2 resistance to saves Buff 2 (Exact buff text used):&nbsp;+3 Deflection to AC Correct bonus: +3 Total bonus actually applied: +6 The sheet appears to be treating Deflection similarly to Dodge, stacking all bonuses from buffs and not comparing to AC items.&nbsp; I'm currently able to work around this by entering the buffs as "+2 Deflection to Deflection" and "+3 Deflection to Deflection," which I discovered after doing some troubleshooting.&nbsp; The documentation seems to indicate that using "Deflection to AC" may be intended to stack with an AC item, but I am unclear as to why or how this might be desired as Deflection bonuses do not stack according to the Core Rulebook and the buffs should be internally checking that 3&gt;2 anyways, so there's at minimum one bug (two buffs not correctly checking each other), possibly two, related to this.
Is there a way to make a weapon attack a token button?&nbsp; This Into this

Edited 1586541793
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
There are 2 ways to go about this: 1.&nbsp; Roll your attack from the sheet.&nbsp; Put your cursor in chat and hit the up arrow.&nbsp; This displays the last command, which you can copy/paste into an Ability on the Attributes &amp; Abilities tab.&nbsp; Name it however you want and be sure to check the box to show it as a token action. 2. Go into your collections tab (3 horizontal lines on the tab just before the settings cog) and enable the quick macro bar.&nbsp; Drag your attack from the sheet to the macro bar.&nbsp; Roll the attack from the button.&nbsp; Put your cursor in chat and hit the up arrow to reveal the last command.&nbsp; This will be in a different format than what you get from method 1.&nbsp; Copy/past that into an Ability on the Attributes &amp; Abilities Tab.&nbsp; Name it however you want and check the box to show it as a token action. The benefit of method 2, is that the roll you create with it will respond to the gm whisper setting, toggling buffs and conditions on and off, etc.&nbsp; The first method will respond to a much lesser range of other changes on the sheet due to being the "hard coded" macro as it was when you rolled from the sheet.&nbsp; The second method basically is calling for the roll to be made from the sheet each time it is pressed, and so should respond to any settings changes you have made along the way. As you start getting more options, you may find it useful to set up a chat menu of various character abilities to declutter your token action bar.&nbsp; Chat menus are from the Stupid Tricks thread. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5927072/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5927072/</a> Edit: Forgot to add at the end of method 2 that you can drag the buttons off of your quick macro bar and then disable that bar in your collection settings again to get that bit of screen space back.
Sheet Templates not functioning Class(es) /&nbsp; Subclass : Description of issue :&nbsp; Trying to create basic Macro's like dice rolling can't use &amp;{template:pc} or &amp;{template:npc} when I do it will not complete the macro.&nbsp; It will roll and show the roll but not the result.&nbsp; Hopefully you can see the results in the picture, when I use the macro without a template it works just fine, and it works with the default template, but not the sheet templates. Screenshots:
Kraynic said: There are 2 ways to go about this: 1.&nbsp; Roll your attack from the sheet.&nbsp; Put your cursor in chat and hit the up arrow.&nbsp; This displays the last command, which you can copy/paste into an Ability on the Attributes &amp; Abilities tab.&nbsp; Name it however you want and be sure to check the box to show it as a token action. 2. Go into your collections tab (3 horizontal lines on the tab just before the settings cog) and enable the quick macro bar.&nbsp; Drag your attack from the sheet to the macro bar.&nbsp; Roll the attack from the button.&nbsp; Put your cursor in chat and hit the up arrow to reveal the last command.&nbsp; This will be in a different format than what you get from method 1.&nbsp; Copy/past that into an Ability on the Attributes &amp; Abilities Tab.&nbsp; Name it however you want and check the box to show it as a token action. The benefit of method 2, is that the roll you create with it will respond to the gm whisper setting, toggling buffs and conditions on and off, etc.&nbsp; The first method will respond to a much lesser range of other changes on the sheet due to being the "hard coded" macro as it was when you rolled from the sheet.&nbsp; The second method basically is calling for the roll to be made from the sheet each time it is pressed, and so should respond to any settings changes you have made along the way. As you start getting more options, you may find it useful to set up a chat menu of various character abilities to declutter your token action bar.&nbsp; Chat menus are from the Stupid Tricks thread. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5927072/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5927072/</a> Edit: Forgot to add at the end of method 2 that you can drag the buttons off of your quick macro bar and then disable that bar in your collection settings again to get that bit of screen space back. This is awesome, everything I needed thanks to you very much. I will add, I can in the quick macro bar I can rename the macro with right-click over them for extra happiness.&nbsp; New question fractional save bonus for multiclass characters, Example fort 2/3 for 2 wiz lvls and 1/3 for 1 rogue lvl, is it possible something like this on the sheet?&nbsp; I tried with 1/3 cant add the "/" on the saves input I tried with 0.66 and 0,66 to no effect either.&nbsp;

Edited 1586635759
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Rashek said: Sheet Templates not functioning Class(es) /&nbsp; Subclass : Description of issue :&nbsp; Trying to create basic Macro's like dice rolling can't use &amp;{template:pc} or &amp;{template:npc} when I do it will not complete the macro.&nbsp; It will roll and show the roll but not the result.&nbsp; Hopefully you can see the results in the picture, when I use the macro without a template it works just fine, and it works with the default template, but not the sheet templates. The Sheets' roll templates do not work the same as the default template (whatever the sheet). You have to (re)use the entries that the sheet template is providing. See this documentation regarding PF1 roll template : <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039142474-Pathfinder-Official-Templates" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039142474-Pathfinder-Official-Templates</a>