Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

!longrest Broken again Part II

!longrest has quit working for me once again. I went through the steps recommended but this time nothing seems to work. I used to have a token reset macro that would at least apply to HPs on a PC token, but that no longer works, either. Seems to work just fine for NPCs ,though.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Can you post the macro code?

Edited 1563637805
!longrest@{selected|character_name} The Token Reset macro used to work for HPs, but the poster has stated that an update to Roll20 has ended that function (as far as the macro he had posted was concerned). It uses TokenMod (it is installed in my game). Here it is for PC and NPC : PC Setup Token: !token-mod --set bar1_link| bar2_link| bar3_link| bar1| bar2| bar3|  !token-mod {{ --set bar1_link|hp --set bar2_link|ac --set bar3_link|speed --set name|@{selected|character_name} --on showname --on showplayers_name --on showplayers_bar1 --on showplayers_bar2 --on showplayers_aura1 --on showplayers_aura2 --on light_hassight }} NPCReset Token: !token-mod --set bar1_link| bar2_link| bar3_link| bar1| bar2| bar3| !token-mod {{ --set bar1|@{selected|npcd_hp} --set bar2_value|@{selected|npcd_ac} --set bar3_value|@{selected|npc_speed} --on showname --on showplayers_name }} Also, I have the 5e OGL Companion API installed, and it has a chat menu macro listing it's set of functions: &{template:default} {{name= 5e Menu}}{{description = Character Sheet Uses}} {{ [!5ehelp](!5ehelp) [!5estatus](!5estatus) [!autonpctoken](!autonpctoken) [!ammotracking](!ammotracking) [!deathsavetracking](!deathsavetracking) [!spelltracking](!spelltracking) [!longrest](!longrest @{selected|character_name}) [!npchp](!npchp)}} I checked to make sure "Ammo Tracking" was on in the General Settings page, I cleared chat both in-game and on from the Chat Archive on the Campaign Page. It could be this particular campaign. I will try running it on a fresh one and see. And cleared browser stuff, too. Thanks for the quick response, as always, Keith!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I noticed a difference between the macro you posted at the top, and the one in your chat menu. A missing space before the @. Not sure if that's the issue, if the chat menu version isn't working either.
Good eye, there was indeed a missing space before the '@', but no luck there. Still isn't working. I'm going to try it now on a new game. Thanks again.
It must be an issue specific to my current campaign. I've tried it on a new game and it works like it's designed to work. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hmm. have you tried creating brand new characters to try it on?
keithcurtis said: Hmm. have you tried creating brand new characters to try it on? No, I haven't, but it's certainly worth a shot. 
Unfortunately a massive storm blew in and knocked the power out. It is still out, from about 5pm EST yesterday to... what is it now, 8:30 AM? During a heat wave, too. So I'll try creating a new character once power is restored.  I called the Power company and simply said, "don't you know it is unwise to keep keithcurtis waiting too long for a response?". That didn't work as an incentive, I'm afraid. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'll send some of the lads round to the power company to put pressure on them. If that doesn't work... Vader.

Edited 1563920967
Making a new character did not fix it. But whoever you sent over to PECO knows how to get results. Power was transferred to my spot on the grid...and I mean my spot on the grid only.  In any case, I have been editing so much of the game--adding,deleting, copy + pasting, etc., that it doesn't surprise me that a function is failing. So, that's probably the main contributor. Starting a fresh campaign seems to be the way to go, then just hope that the transmogrifier doesn't trans-mogrify the issue. Thanks again, keithcurtis!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
What is the name of the character you're trying this for?
The Aaron said: What is the name of the character you're trying this for? Every PC in this campaign. Plus a half orc barbarian i rolled specifically for testing !longrest on a new character. His name is Cromulent (nod to a Simpsons episode---he's getting the hook after his time as a test subject is over). 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
How about deleting and re-installing the script?
keithcurtis said: How about deleting and re-installing the script? So simple, yet it, like unplugging a PC and plugging it back in, will often solve th problem. That did the trick. Once again, thank you keithcurtis.