Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro help for a newbie

Hello,  I wonder if someone would be willing to help a complete newbie on the macro side of things for roll20.  I've set up the tables for the random encounters for a game at home i'm going to run and the individual macros to "roll" against those tables. but the part i'm lacking is the knowledge on how i can then roll for the right number of enemies based on the outcome of the roll on the table.  I don't have access to the API so i don't know if that will hamper my ability to do this.   Any help would be appreciated.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
So, your random encounter rows have the format "1d4 Imaginary Invisible Dead Turtles" and you'd like the output when you hit your macro to have the number resolved? That is trivial with the API, but since you don't have access to it, the only option available is to manually expand each row to its possible outcomes and adjust the weights accordingly. So you'd have "1  Imaginary Invisible Dead Turtle", "2  Imaginary Invisible Dead Turtles", etc. Since there are 4 of them, they'd each have 1/4th the weight that row would receive. Note that Rollable Tables ignore fractional weights, so if you find something needs a probability of .125, you'd need to multiply all weights by 1000 and enter it as 125. 
Thank you The Aaron for getting back to me on that.  for now it's that way or another set of macros for for the dice roll element seperately.  Much appreciated.