Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Chris Dickey's "Duplicate and add identifying number to Character and Token" API not installing

The above mentioned API from the one-click is not installing, not importing, into any game.  Two GM's have tried this in multiple games and nothing happens.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Just tested it - same issue for me. Its the DupCharToken script in the library.
I noticed this, too. I wonder if it was supposed to be removed or something.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I added an issue on the github, is that the best way to contact the team about this?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Is the problem that the script one't install from the one-click, or that the script does not work? If it's only the former, it's probably an issue with the script.json file that needs to be fixed, or possibly an assumption with version numbers (they have "01.00", which may behave weirdly.)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's an install issue. It wont  install with either the Add Script or Import buttons. It's a problem roll20 need to fix at their side.
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I am the script author, but am unsure what I should/can do about this.  The Aaron mentioned that version "01.00" might behave weirdly. Why? That seems like a perfectly straightforward version number to me.   Should I change it to something like "1.0"? If I do change it, should I leave "01.00" as a "previous version" or just get rid of any reference to the one that was too weird? If I should not change the version number, or if changing the version number does not work, are there any other things I ought to try to get this to work?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I was just thinking that something strange might happen with conversions to numbers in the backend.   Now that I look at it more closely, I'm betting the issue is: "dependencies": [""], and "conflicts": [""] I'd try changing those to: "dependencies": [], "conflicts": [] What you have is an array of length 1 with the empty string in it.  That might cause something strange to happen in Roll20 land.
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I made the suggested changes that The Aaron suggested and they got merged into Roll20 yesterday, and the version number being displayed when I select it has changed (from "01.00" to "1.0"), but the problem is unchanged.  Does anybody have any other ideas as to what might possibly be wrong here? Or what my next step can be? I am at my wits end and would greatly appreciate any help. 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
First thing I'd do is raise it as an issue on the github, or via email to <a href="mailto:team@roll.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll.net</a>, they should be able to figure out why its not installing properly or tell you what you need to do to fix it if the problem is with the script.&nbsp;
Is there a fix for this yet?
Given up on waiting for Roll20 to fix this Went to:&nbsp; <a href="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/master/DupCharToken/1.0/DupCharToken.js" rel="nofollow">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/master/DupCharToken/1.0/DupCharToken.js</a> &nbsp;and installed as custom, and works fine. Then modified to do exactly what I want....

Edited 1563794634
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I tried the above suggestions a while ago but it did not help, and recently have written to <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> (my first message I accidentally sent to <a href="mailto:team@roll.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll.net</a> &nbsp;so some time wasted there) and am eagerly awaiting a reply.&nbsp; but yes, the problem does seem to just be on-click install, so if you just paste the code it works fine.&nbsp;&nbsp; I will post to this thread when I get the issue resolved, (and if anybody at all has any ideas I would greatly appreciate them).&nbsp; Jim W. Just out of curiosity, what did you want it to do that it did not?