Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG][Paid] Mondays of the Mad Mage (time dependent on players)

Edited 1564021479
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Dungeon of the Mad Mage In the city of Waterdeep rests a tavern called the Yawning Portal, named after the gaping pit in its common room. At the bottom of this crumbling shaft is a labyrinthine dungeon shunned by all but the most daring adventurers. Known as Undermountain, this dungeon is the domain of the mad wizard Halaster Blackcloak. Long has the Mad Mage dwelt in these forlorn depths, seeding his lair with monsters, traps, and mysteries—to what end is a constant source of speculation and concern. This campaign uses material from the Dungeon of the Mad Mage adventure, enhanced with custom materials like suggestions and revisions from the DotMM reddit; DMGuild expansions; enhanced maps for each floor; Roll20 Marketplace assets; API scripts (incl. custom scripts); addons like Xanathar's Guide and Tome of Beasts; and added music, art, items and more. About Dungeon of the Mad Mage This adventure is largely exploration-based, full of spectacular and whimsical surprises, traps, monsters, and magic. There's 23 separate levels, from river caves to underground forests to a magical college. While the meat of the adventure is the thrill of adventure and exploration, there are tons of secrets to uncover; NPCs and factions to ally with, defeat, or manipulate; and puzzles that span entire dungeons.&nbsp; While the adventure is fairly light-hearted, there are indeed deeper plots that need unraveling. The tone may be whimsical, but not "silly for the sake of silly."&nbsp; About Me I'm Mik, 30, an illustrator living with my husband in BC Canada. I've been playing and DMing tabletop for 15+ years, including official convention and local game store DMing for several years. I've been doing paid D&amp;D campaigns on Roll20 for almost two years. If you've got any questions about me or my DM style, feel free to ask! Characters This adventure runs 5th-20th level. Within reason, all races/classes/builds are available. This is a perfect place to explore uncommon races and nonstandard class choices - though this campaign isn't a cake-walk. You'll need a good party composition to survive! Spells like comprehend languages, detect magic, knock, identify, mending, speak with dead, and tongues will prove very useful, and languages and knowledge skills can be life-saving. I am willing to look at any Unearthed Arcana, 3rd party, or homebrew materials. There will be some carefully chosen 3pp elements thrown in the adventure also. You are part of an adventuring group brave enough to explore Undermountain, but you're not just exploring for the sake of exploration. I'll work with each player to create individual subplots within the dungeon itself. You might know Undermountain was once the realm of legendary dwarves and seek their legacy. You might be tied toa particular faction and are compelled to aid or oppose them. Or maybe your deity, patron, or natural spirit has a vested interest in a location or object below.&nbsp; Paid D&amp;D? This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $10 USD/session via Paypal, to be paid monthly. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Pay-to-play is controversial, and I understand why people often don't want to pay for what they can get for free. But because you're paying me, I can offer production values for your buck. The payment helps with things like the Roll20 Pro subscription features, the Mad Mage adventure, DMsGuild supplements, addons like Xanathar's Guide or Tome of Beasts, and additional Marketplace materials. I'll also be available on Discord for anything - concepts and storyline, questions with characters or rules, or tips/tricks with Roll20.&nbsp; Session One is a free trial and we can extend that trial if you're not sure about committing. Otherwise, there's no other commitment. I'm just one guy, and the games are still fairly casual. No charge on missed sessions, and I'm reasonable if money gets tight.&nbsp; The trial session is intended to make sure everyone fits well together; making sure everyone's playstyles fit is always important, so I want to make sure the group is picked carefully!&nbsp; Interested? If you haven't been scared off by this wall of text, please drop me a line here or PM me. Please mention your timezone, and maybe tell me a bit about yourself, like games you prefer and moments you've particularly liked/disliked in your RPG career! I am dedicated to inclusion and diversity - real-world discrimination and prejudices will not be tolerated.&nbsp; LFG:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/169614/miks-mad-mage-mondays" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/169614/miks-mad-mage-mondays</a>
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Update: I have one interested player in my DMs, looking for 3-4 more!&nbsp; I completely forgot to post this above, but another one of my groups streams that game on twitch, so if anyone would like to see me in action, please PM me for a link to our recordings!
I'm interested in this, sent a PM.
Sounds fun! I sent you a PM.
I'm interested depending on time. I'm available pretty much any time after 530pm EST.
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hey Joseph, I'll send you a PM in just a bit!
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Just an update, we've got three players and looking for one or two more to meet! If anyone's reading this and the least bit intrigued, even though it's a paid game, please feel free to message me for more info!
My discord is #5790 and I'm interested in running the dungeon, I've got a light cleric?