Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG][Paid] Storm King's Thunder, Friday 8PM GMT

Edited 1564550855
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Storm King's Thunder Giants have emerged from their strongholds to threaten civilization as never before. Hill giants are stealing all the grain and livestock they can, while stone giants have been scouring settlements that have been around forever. Fire giants are press-ganging the small folk into the desert, while frost giant longships have been pillaging along the Sword Coast. Even the elusive cloud giants have been witnessed, their wondrous floating cities appearing above Waterdeep and Baldur’s Gate. Where is the storm giant King Hekaton, who is tasked with keeping order among the giants? The humans, dwarves, elves, and other small folk of the Sword Coast will be crushed underfoot by the onslaught of these giant foes. The only chance at survival is for the small folk to work together to investigate this invasion and harness the power of rune magic, the giants’ weapon against their ancient enemies, the dragons. The only way the people of Faerun can restore order is to use the giants’ own power against them. This campaign uses material from the Storm King's Thunder adventure, enhanced with custom materials like suggestions and revisions from the SKT reddit; DMGuild expansions; enhanced maps for each floor; Roll20 Marketplace assets; API scripts (incl. custom scripts); addons like Xanathar's Guide and Tome of Beasts; and added music, art, items and more. We currently have 3 members in the group already, and looking for 1 more! About Storm King's Thunder This is an epic campaign that spans level 1-11+, and while there is a prime focus of stopping the giants from wrecking everything, it can largely be considered a sandbox. The entirety of the Sword Coast is open to you, and you can be confident that wherever you go, you will find progress and something awesome. With your adventuring companions, you'll decide exactly where and how you'll accomplish your goals, and the campaign is easy to weave into a character's personal goals without fear of derailing the story.&nbsp; This is a great campaign if you're interested in giants and dragons, large combats (wherein you occasionally need to play NPCs as well as your character), political/social interactions, open worlds, and unique treasure and magic items. This is also a great campaign for roleplaying and character interactions. About Me I'm Mik, 30, an illustrator living with my husband in BC Canada. I've been playing and DMing tabletop for 15+ years, including official convention and local game store DMing for several years. I've been doing paid D&amp;D campaigns on Roll20 for almost two years. If you've got any questions about me or my DM style, feel free to ask! Characters This adventure runs 1st through 11th level. Within reason, all races/classes/builds are available. I am willing to look at any Unearthed Arcana, 3rd party, or homebrew materials. There will be some carefully chosen 3pp elements thrown in the adventure also. We'll be making our characters as a group, working together in a Session Zero to build a team that can interact with each other! Perhaps you're all aligned with one of the factions of Faerun, or you're all acquainted through each other. As a group we can explore reasons your individual PC is adventuring, and how it might tie into the party, the campaign, and the world at large! While the adventure stops around level 11, there is a lot of material to continue afterwards, if the group wants! Paid D&amp;D? This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $10 USD/session via Paypal, to be paid monthly. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Pay-to-play is controversial, and I understand why people often don't want to pay for what they can get for free. But because you're paying me, I can offer production values for your buck. The payment helps with things like the Roll20 Pro subscription features, the Mad Mage adventure, DMsGuild supplements, addons like Xanathar's Guide or Tome of Beasts, and additional Marketplace materials. I'll also be available on Discord for anything - concepts and storyline, questions with characters or rules, or tips/tricks with Roll20.&nbsp; Session One is a free trial and we can extend that trial if you're not sure about committing. Otherwise, there's no other commitment. I'm just one guy, and the games are still fairly casual. No charge on missed sessions, and I'm reasonable if money gets tight.&nbsp; The trial session is intended to make sure everyone fits well together; making sure everyone's playstyles fit is always important, so I want to make sure the group is picked carefully!&nbsp; Interested? If you haven't been scared off by this wall of text, please drop me a line here or PM me. Please mention your timezone, and maybe tell me a bit about yourself, like games you prefer and moments you've particularly liked/disliked in your RPG career! I am dedicated to inclusion and diversity - real-world discrimination and prejudices will not be tolerated.&nbsp; LFG:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/169838/miks-storm-kings-thunder" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/169838/miks-storm-kings-thunder</a>
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I completely forgot to mention, my Saturday group streams on Twitch, so if you want to see me in action, please PM me for the link to our recordings!&nbsp;
Hey pals, I’m Ashley! Part of this group and a player with Mik DMing~ &nbsp;I’m super excited to get a party rolling (lol). Also hella stoked to get some session zero characters ironed out. Normally I like playing dex/cha players, but I’m totally into branching out to #gitgud. anyway, Mik is super fun to play with and I’m really looking forward to playing with everyone :)
Manseyful
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Hello ~ my names Jessica and I am part 2/2 of the currently existing players. I'm really eager to meet new and fun players to share this campaign with and make new friends. Deep diving into characters and roleplaying is something I really love doing as we explore the world, so if you're looking for somewhere to flex your creative muscles please consider joining us 💖
This sounds great, I PM’ed you!
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks, sent a reply!&nbsp; For anyone else looking, I've got two more slots open!&nbsp;
I am in!
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Just an update, we've got three players and looking for one or two more to meet! If anyone's reading this and the least bit intrigued, even though it's a paid game, please feel free to message me for more info!
Mike is an awesome DM!&nbsp; I was in one of his Curse of Strahd campaigns and to this day it remains the only campaign I've been in on Roll20 that's run to completion.&nbsp; Highly recommend him if you're looking for a game!
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks Jessie! You've never called me Mike before in a game though :P&nbsp; We are still looking for a fourth player! We are planning on doing a session zero at 8PM GMT today, though due to my PST time zone, I'll be asleep until about 5PM. If you're interested, please message and I'll be able to get back to you ASAP!
Session 0 rocked, already super excited to play with these guys
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Even though our session zero has been done, we are still in the market for a fourth player! Please feel free to message me with any questions or concerns you might have!