Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Superhero Tokens - Feedback Question from another would be Artist?

Hey all, I too am planning on joining the marketplace hopefully someday soon... and coming across these 2 recent threads about what the community wants, a question was asked recently concerning those of you who play Superhero type RPGs. I am assuming this is either Champions, Gurps, Mutants & Masterminds or the Marvel Comics RPG...  I have done a lot of fan art for former MMO gamers primarily for the now defunct City of Heroes Community, and while I see the norm here is a Top Down token for the fantasy based games, and that seems to make sense. Would that be the same thing you Hero GMs and players would also want? Top Down? I understand that Top Down works for any generic map, but for a superhero, where most of their musculature or singular costume is their full body... wouldn't Top Down HIDE a lot of that detail you'd prefer to see? And here's my actual question... I was wondering if a side based token would be more feasible for players and GMs? What are you all using now, just portraits?  Otherwise the only thing in a Top Down token that would distinguish them is  color, perhaps gadgetry and cape or no cape. I am currently working on samples to give to Roll20's Nolan. And I am learning a great deal from the community about their needs. I was going to try my own take at all things fantasy, but I've been doing Heroes for so long, I definitely wouldn't mind returning to something comfortable. So if you have any ideas or suggestions. I love to include them in my samples, and hopefully soon to the players... Thank you in advance for your input, and also to Fernando and Fred for their inspiration and paving the way to these important questions. I hope my asking about this genre will also aid them. Bobby (to see samples of my older fan art, click this link -  my work  , or you can click my name to see a close up of my avatar, which I also made...)
It would be feasible, and probably popular. Not that I'm running a superhero game atm, but it is on my list for the year.