Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Wiki Edit] Advanced roll Queries

Edited 1564659797
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I just made an edit to the wiki, for Advanced Roll Queries . to try to make a very confusing problem a bit more clear. I hope it makes things a bit more understandable (though i didnt attempt to touch the thorniest issue of all - multiple levels of nesting). Considering how often these issues come up in forum threads, the old entry wasnt quite enough - hopefully this is a bit better, but it is a  really complicated problem.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Nice! Hmm this reminds me, there exist a tiny typo that page or Dice Reference, somewhere in one of the secondary examples on for how rolls functions. Maybe I should look for it again.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
The Advanced Roll Queries are an emergent feature which takes advantage of how the roll parser works, which is why it's complicated and confusing.  It's basically a hack someone came up with to get enhanced functionality. =D
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Definite improvement to a difficult topic.
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
That is genuinely helpful. Thanks!