Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

new to roll20

How do I use this platform as a player with either a chrome book or android tablet?
1564861482
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Chromebook would probably be the better choice, though it should work in the Android tablet.
1564861670
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
As a new player, you would need to join a game, you can find games in the LFG Tool under the Games menu, Join Game.  You'll want to look for games that are welcoming of new players. If you have friends playing already, they'll need to send you an invite to their game.   While waiting to get in a game, you should create one on your account (Games menu, Create New Game) and start playing around.  There's a Tutorial that will pop up the first time you enter a game, which you should go through.  It MAY be broken part way through right now because of a recent update, but don't let that stop you from going through what you can of it.  Beyond that, start poking about in the tools and creating Handouts, Characters, etc.  Practice with rolling dice and get familiar with the drawing tools and general navigation.
1564867205
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Will a tablet work without a subscription? Chromebook will work, though it's definitely sub optimal. (I use one for game prep, but I wouldn't dream of playing from it.)
1564870310
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I think you can use it in browser mode, depending dong on the tablet. Only hearsay though, I've never tried it. 
Thank you both for the answers, I'll give them a try.