Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[L5R] Building a new (Pro) sheet for Legend of the Five Rings (5e / FFG)

Edited 1565038346
Josh A.
Sheet Author
Hey! I'm putting together a sheet for the FFG / 5th Edition of Legend of the Five Rings. Because of FFGs unique dice system, there are only two ways to roll dice for this game - rollable tables, or a script. I did not like the output of the rolltables, and decided if I'm going to utilize a script, I might as well build a whole sheet from scratch to match the styling of the books and FFGs official character sheet. Below is the result. NOTE: As with&nbsp; FFG's Star Wars and Genesys game sheets, &nbsp;the rolls on this sheet utilized a companion dice script, they will not function if the GM does not have a subscription with API access.&nbsp; The sheet can be tested on my Dev campaign for the sheet, found here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/4881378/EjcaJA" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/4881378/EjcaJA</a> Github:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/saethone/l5r5epro/tree/master" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/saethone/l5r5epro/tree/master</a> &nbsp;- Temporary until 1.0 merge&nbsp; PICS Features Companion Dice Script Originally&nbsp; Zarick 's beta dice script, I've modified it to accept modifiers and to integrate with the sheet's roll template. Player Tab Tabs for Narrative encounters, Combat encounters&nbsp;(and equipment), Techniques, Experience Tracking, and Notes Built in rollers for skills, attacks, initiative and to post advantages, disadvantages, gear, or techniques to chat for quick reference Fatigue, Strife, and Void Points can be tracked via token bar GM Tab A generic dice roller for on-the-fly rolls A party tracker for Vigilance, Ninjo, and Giri of party members (along with a rudimentary way to track discord tracks) A place to write down experience you want to award this session A general quick notes section. NPC Tab Micro-sized version of the Player sheet Styled after the stat blocks in the Core Rulebook Quick, Flexible rolls. Court Tab Same as the Court Sheet provided by FFG for tracking members of a Court easily. Army Tab Track mass combat Armies &amp; cohorts Roll Template Comprehensive roll templates for all of the sheet's built in rolls, and usable with user macros. Latest Updates 8/4/2019 v0.5 Added the "Army" sheet for mass combat Added the "GM" sheet for GM info Removed rogue checkmarks on Player-&gt;Combat-&gt; Stances/Conditions tracker Corrected flex positioning on NPC -&gt; abilities Corrected positioning of inputs and roll buttons Fixed incorrect behavior when selecting "select approach" - now more visible that you failed to select an approach Fixd an issue with background image resizing Various minor visual formatting fixes Corrected an error with Roll Templates that shrunk Dice Rolls Added collapsable sections - many of the wide headers can be clicked on to hide the areas below Known Issues N/A Planned Upgrades Wiki page documentation Build useful macros Restructure the basic stats area to take less space Make Ninjo/Giri rollable ?Remove incrementer from number fields? Auto-calculate derived attributes Add hover help to modifiers across sheet, and to skills Style select menues (color with ring or add ring icon) - or replace with radio button? ?Add element icon to Stance/Wounds/Affliction conditions? Change stances to radio Adjust sheet sizing to be more accommodating to resizing Add collapsable headers for armor/gear Add an approach selector for NPC skills What I Need From You Feedback! Let me know if you don't like how something is setup, if something is unreadable (too small? too big? bad colors?) If you find any errors not listed in the Known Issues section, please let me know Requests - what would be a useful addition to this sheet? or a useful macro for this game system? I'd like to keep all of that information centralized in a wiki to make it easier to run the game.

Edited 1564788313
This is awesome! Thank you! I'll be testing this sheet right away. Edit: Overall the sheet is very pretty and I really enjoyed it. The dice seem a bit small and somewhat difficult to read on the chat window;could you increase their size a bit? I also would suggest a dice symbol cheat sheet on the main page, just bellow the rings (there is a lot of space). Also, could you clarify where a pro script is needed?&nbsp;
The dice all roll via script - !l5r xr xs. I can increase the size of the dice, i considered that as well. I might make it an option in the script to change the size.&nbsp; i also considered a "dice symbols cheat" to the right of the rings section, shrinking it down some (right now its very tall, takes too long to scroll past lol)
Josh A. said: The dice all roll via script - !l5r xr xs. I can increase the size of the dice, i considered that as well. I might make it an option in the script to change the size.&nbsp; i also considered a "dice symbols cheat" to the right of the rings section, shrinking it down some (right now its very tall, takes too long to scroll past lol) I think the Rings should be a bit smaller, maybe somewhat similar to the NPC tab/sheet. Maybe reducing the whitespace between the secondary abilities such as Endurance and Composure?

Edited 1564806489
Josh A.
Sheet Author
I shrank the rings down some, and filled the space on the side with a dice reference and a quick reminder of Bushido :) it its ~130 pixels shorter so quicker to scroll to other stuff.&nbsp; I also intend to make all of these sections collapsible so they can be easily hidden when you're not using it, getting rid of extra clutter Also, I hadn't realized I made a coding mistake and the dice in the chat were showing way smaller than intended. I fixed that and should be much easier to read now!
Update v0.5 8/4/2019 v0.5 Added the "Army" sheet for mass combat Added the "GM" sheet for GM info Removed rogue checkmarks on Player-&gt;Combat-&gt; Stances/Conditions tracker Corrected flex positioning on NPC -&gt; abilities Corrected positioning of inputs and roll buttons Fixed incorrect behavior when selecting "select approach" - now more visible that you failed to select an approach Fixd an issue with background image resizing Various minor visual formatting fixes Corrected an error with Roll Templates that shrunk Dice Rolls Added collapsable sections - many of the wide headers can be clicked on to hide the areas below At this point its nearly ready for release. Does anybody have any final suggestions before I publish to roll20? I will probably do that at the end of this week if no major issues are found.
Nice! Here some suggestions in no particular order of relevance: I still think the Player's Basic Statistics are a bit too large.&nbsp; The Ninjo/Giri should be clickable and print their content on the chat window; I don't think Incrementers (up/down buttons) make a lot of sense for most of the sheet as those values are seldom modified and mouse scrolling can cause accidents; I think certain parts of the sheet should be auto calculated, such as maximum values for Endurance and so on (maybe a modifier box should still exist, but the maximum should be auto calculated from that); At the Narrative Tab, the Modifiers's Question Mark contain useful information that would also&nbsp;be very important at other tabs, such as Combat; Consider adding a mouse-over tip for the skill categories, as per the official FFG character sheet. For instance, On mouse-over Artisan Skills, show "Craft or Repair a Work of Art"'; Maybe consider adding the Ring color to the Approach dropdown menus, or replacing them with radio buttons for each element icon that show the approach intent on mouse over (I think I saw some of that on the Star Trek Adventures character sheet); In the Combat Tab, I believe Stances should be Radio buttons instead of checkboxes; in other words, you should be able to chose only one Stance at the time Also in the Combat Tab, wouldn't it be "prettier" if the selection box for each Element had either it's little icon and/or it's usual color? I kinda get the blue/red scheme, tho. The sheet isn't very friendly to resizing (using the magnifying glass icon); At the Experience tab, I've having trouble clicking the Ranks "COMPLETED" checkbox with a mouse (I can only use tab to reach it); In certain parts of the sheet, when you click the name of a section, it will collapse or expand that section. I would suggest adding it to more parts of the sheet;
Hey - Thanks for the suggestions! 1. I agree here, it still takes up far to much screen real estate I think. I'm planning how to restructure this area for a future update. 2. Added to the list of future updates! 3. This is a byproduct of setting the field to only accept a number. I think there might be some css wizardry to hide that, but its pretty common to keep those in other roll20 sheets. I'll have to think about this one. 4. I've actually already thought about this. I wanted to do a thorough search of school abilities, title abilities, techniques, etc before I did this to ensure that there are no special abilities that change this calculation before I did that. Adding a modifier field takes up a lot of real estate and I didn't want to have to add that in to an already oversized basic-stats area. Once I've verified this, I'll change several fields to be auto-calculating. 5. Indeed! I plan to add that in the future.&nbsp; 6. That's a great idea I hadn't thought of! I'll add it to the list. 7. Yes - I'd like to add a lot of styling to the select menus. They require a bit of a work-around to style, so I plan to do that in the future. 8. You are correct! That is something I planned to fix but didn't write down.&nbsp; 9. Yes, the Blue for Stances and Red for conditions is what I intended to quickly see "good vs bad" - adding in the ring icons may be a good idea as well. I'm also thinking about making the boxes a little smaller to save space. 10. Few sheets are, but it's a feature I use too so I'll see what I can do about that. I think the main issue is that in a lot of places I sized things by pixels, and in other places by percentage. I'll definitely need to go through and standardize everything at some point.&nbsp; 11. Hmm, I hadn't noticed that. I'll take a look - that's definitely a "fix before release" issue. 12. Yes I plan to! Primarily the "Armor" and "Gear" sections - I just need to adjust how they are positioned - probably will take care of this during the "sizing" update.
Good job ! I don't have suggestions for this moment but i wanted to support you. Keep the good work :)
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Josh A. said: 3. This is a byproduct of setting the field to only accept a number. I think there might be some css wizardry to hide that, but its pretty common to keep those in other roll20 sheets. I'll have to think about this one. Realize I don't have a stake in this, but in case you didn't know, here's how you can remove those number things: input[type=number]::-webkit-inner-spin-button, input[type=number]::-webkit-outer-spin-button { &nbsp; -webkit-appearance: none; &nbsp; margin: 0; } input[type=number] { &nbsp; &nbsp; -moz-appearance: textfield; }
Great Job! I like it a lot and thanks for your hard work. I just tested it and I would recommend darkening the Tabs names (but that's not the most important) and I couldn't find where to roll exploding dice. Is there a "Dice Roller" as in the GM tab. Also I am not sure if my question is relevant as I don't know how script/codes works for this kind of thing, but is that possible to select "kept dice" and "roll exploding dice" ? Anyway, thanks again!
Hey! I actually ended up scrapping this one because I found that there is already a good L5R sheet that does the dice without the API.&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/blob/master/L5R%205th%20Edition%20Unofficial/L5R-5thEdition.png" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/blob/master/L5R%205th%20Edition%20Unofficial/L5R-5thEdition.png</a> This is the one in the drop down named "L5R 5th Edition Unofficial" or something along those lines.&nbsp; I pushed a few updates to that sheet last week with a couple of minor fixes &amp; improvements, so I'd recommend using that sheet!