Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Paizo] Starfinder Core Rulebook Bug Thread

DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you for purchasing the Starfinder Core Rulebook! Please report any bug or game issues below.&nbsp; Here is a quick FAQ based on past releases: I bought the compendium expansion. Now what? You can now see all Starfinder Core Rulebook content in the Roll20 Compendium, both in app and on the site. For more information on how to use the Roll20 Compendium, check out the&nbsp; Compendium Wiki. What Character Sheet should I use? All Starfinder licensed content on Roll20 uses the Starfinder by Roll20 Sheet. When creating a new Roll20 game that you intend to use with the Starfinder Core Rulebook, be sure to select the Starfinder by Roll20 sheet as your Character Sheet in the Game Setup page for full compatibility. How do I access Compendium Sharing for my players? To access Compendium Sharing, please check out the&nbsp; Compendium Sharing Wiki . How do I access the Starfinder Setting Addon? After creating a new Roll20 game with the Starfinder by Roll20 sheet selected, simply add the addon into your game to access the Starfinder pregen characters and maps. For more info on how to access addon content, please check the Roll20 wiki:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/How_to_Access_Marketplace_Content#Game_Addons" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/How_to_Access_Marketplace_Content#Game_Addons</a> Current Known Starfinder Core Rulebook Issues: Augmentations, Power Armor, and Cybernetics currently do not drag-and-drop Ships do not drag-and-drop Future Development: Roll20 Charactermancer support
So I have purchased the compendium. The information is in the game, and I can drag and drop. The problem is when i go to search for something specific, i keep getting a no results result. For example.&nbsp; I can click on spells, and then scroll down to see magic missile.&nbsp; But if i just type magic missile in the search box, it comes up with no results found.
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi Adam, Sorry for the inconvenience and we're investigating this. As a temporary workaround, you can utilize the advanced search syntax to sidestep the issue. This would look like this for magic missile: Category:"spells" name:"magic missile" You can also use the wildcard character " * " (an asterisk), but it seems to be less reliable at the moment. What you are searching for (the word(s) inside the quotes is case insensitive , but the key name (the word to the left of the colon) is case sensitive . I hope that helps in the meantime.
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Adam, this should be fixed now. Can you try your searches again?
Scott C. said: Adam, this should be fixed now. Can you try your searches again? It works!&nbsp; Thanks!
YES! Finally released, thank you so much! I'm buying it right now, will come back with feedback if anything comes up :D
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Awesome to hear! Let me know if you have any issues with the drag and drop sheet actions populating from Alien Archive (if you've picked that up) as well LotsOfLore! :)
Phil. H.
Pro
Translator
Yeah, thats great stuff. No more typing, drag &amp; drop thats it......i finished the skittershot-adventure character sheets in half an hour. Thank you. Now waiting for the Starfinder Character Mancer.
Classes are missing their progression tables

Edited 1558260734
LotsOfLore
Translator
Michael B. said: Classes are missing their progression tables Wwhat Michael B. shows is correct, however, all of the other classes have their progression tables. The only one that is missing a table is the Soldier.
One other thing I noticed is that it appears the F.A.Q. modifications to the rules were not included in your version of the Core Rule Book. For instance the DCs of crew actions in starship combat are still 2x, instead of the corrected 1.5x (see screenshot)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the reports! This class progression table has been added. I will check in on the latest version of the rules and see what we can do to get those updated. Thanks all, glad to hear you're enjoying the book integration! :)

Edited 1559502013
Received this error&nbsp; There was an error when trying to include the addon&nbsp; Starfinder Core Rulebook (Setting Game) :&nbsp; * undefined method `[]=' for nil:NilClass EDIT: Re-freshed and re-added. Worked the second time.&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you Karona - It's working fine now?

Edited 1559880825
I'm having an issue where I can't seem to access the "book" from the in-game compendium. When I, or players, click on any link in the book I get an error that " roll20.net &nbsp;refused to connect. " This happens in both Chrome and Firefox (Updated to latest versions). I can access the information from the compendium page on the roll20 homepage, but my players can't access the book at all. This is my first rule book on Roll20 so I'm not sure if this is the intended functionality or not. Thanks in advance for the help, images to follow! Edit: Just noticed that this happens with the Alien Archive (Seen in the top of the first picture) as well.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
The "refused to connect" issue only seems to be appearing for me when trying to click a link from one of the compendium's pages. Other pages will work, and searching for an entry and clicking that works. One of the links that does not work for me can be found by going to:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/compendium/starfinder/Rules:Chapter%205%20-%20Skills" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/compendium/starfinder/Rules:Chapter%205%20-%20Skills</a> Click on one of the skills to get the error message.
Brian C. said: -Snip-. Oddly, that link takes me to the webpage where the rules work instead of the app. But in the app the links don't work for me either. It seems to be hit or miss for me with the in-app links. Barely any work from the Rulebook page, but sometimes they work from other pages.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi AnBee - I am able to reproduce this issue, thank you for your detailed report! I am escalating now to have someone figure out what's up. Thank you!
Phil. H.
Pro
Translator
I'm creating NPCs and will drag'n drop weapons to the character sheet and ranged weapons will not put in the ranged weapon section.
I'm having the same issue has Phil ^^
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi Phil and Nathan, I apologize for the delay in responding. I'll take a look at this and hopefully have a fix out for this next merge day.
Request : Please make class abilities, theme, and Class drag and drop-able (especially class abilities). I was really hoping this would be a feature of this product - and I'm sure it will be a part of the Charactermancer, but, that would leave out NPC's which is a big deal for us GMs! We make more characters than anyone! Issues I'm currently experiencing : The aforementioned "broken links" (AnBee) and weapon problems with NPCs (Phil).&nbsp; Equipment : Item level appears for weapons in the attack section, but in the Equipment section the item level is always 0. I cannot drag and drop any equipment into an NPC sheet that is NOT a weapon. No armor, no serums, nothing.&nbsp; Spells : Drag and drop to NPC always goes to 'Spells known'. Is there a way to move them to 'Spell-like abilities' instead?&nbsp;
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi Nathan, Thanks for the feedback. Themes and classes won't be drag and droppable, as they are just too complicated with multiple moving parts. I'll look into the feasibility of making individual abilities drag and droppable, but I think that the solution is going to be a different method than drag and drop. I think you'll like what our solution is once it's finished though. For the bugs that you're experiencing: There is a bug fix for the item level display issue that will be released tomorrow with the normal sheet merge; this will also fix the sorting of dragged weapons on npc sheets For other items dropping onto NPCs, I don't know that the sheet will ever fully support them being drag and dropped onto an NPC because of the differences between how NPCs and PCs are built and function in the Starfinder system. As with the ability drag and drop, we do have a solution in mind, but it is not ready for release yet. I think it will be a good solution though. Dropping spells as spell like abilities (either for PCs or NPCs) is not currently supported, but is something that is on my list of things to improve. I hope that that helps, and gives you an idea of where we're going. Let me know if any of this seems like it needs reevaluation. Scott
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi Folks, A small bug fix to the character sheet went live today to address a few compendium related issues. You can follow the state of the character sheet in the Starfinder by Roll20 thread . Starfinder by Roll20 v1.002 Bug Fixes Drag and Dropped equipment was not displaying its item level Weapons drag and dropped to NPCs were not properly sorting into melee/ranged sections Both of these fixes will only apply to newly drag and dropped items, already drag and dropped items will need to be manually updated
Death's Head Necroglider seems to have missing text in the systems section. It currently says - " Systems armor, mk 3 defenses" per the dead tree book it says " Systems basic computer, budget short-range sensors, mk3 armour, mk3 defenses"
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Hi Jamie - Updated that text in the compendium. Thanks!
The weapons are still not dragging and dropping to the correct section of the character sheets.
Hmm, for some reason this is only paizo product that doesn't get discount from sync nor sync seems to apply for it
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
JJL - Thank you for the report, that should be updated now! Can you let me know if it's still not showing up?
It works now yeah :D

Edited 1565630313
LotsOfLore
Translator
Hello, I found a bug, the spell "Mirror Image" may not be written correctly in the compendium, and (probably) because of that it does not drag and drop into the character sheet as it should. In any case, when you attempt to drag and drop it, nothing happens.&nbsp; Thank you :)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks LotsOfLore - I've documented this for someone to look into!