Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character Sheet Buttons don't work as macro bar options.

Is there a workaround for this? The character sheet has macro buttons in the sheet itself that work just fine. However, dragging the button to you the macro bar breaks the "attacks" "Defenses" "All skills" and "Items" buttons. These buttons no longer call a list of macros, but instead simply state the name of the macro "%{selected|attacks}" for example. I just didn't want to go into the character sheet every time for my macros. I would go into the macro itself on the macros page, but it doesn't exist there. Is there somewhere I can go in and edit these macros or can they be fixed? Am I out of luck? Thanks for any replies.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
You probably should mention which character sheet you are using.
@Kraynic Thank you, I play only PF so sometimes I forget. I am using Pathfinder (Community)

Edited 1565678647
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sean Cannon said: Is there a workaround for this? The character sheet has macro buttons in the sheet itself that work just fine. However, dragging the button to you the macro bar breaks the "attacks" "Defenses" "All skills" and "Items" buttons. These buttons no longer call a list of macros, but instead simply state the name of the macro "%{selected|attacks}" for example. I just didn't want to go into the character sheet every time for my macros. I would go into the macro itself on the macros page, but it doesn't exist there. Is there somewhere I can go in and edit these macros or can they be fixed? Am I out of luck? Thanks for any replies. Hi Sean, You "should" be able to drag the Chat menu buttons from the PF Community sheet (I just double checked...) The sheet's chat menu buttons are not editable.  They are auto-generated from within the sheet worker code. ;-(  Are you getting an error in chat?  Maybe " You attempted to use a roll command looking for the value of a selected token, but no tokens are selected. "? Even if you simply enter "%{selected|attacks}" in the chat window , you should get the attacks of any selected token linked to a sheet.  If you drag/drop a chat menu button from a given character's sheet, the macro will include the character's name ie " %{Tod Grynnt|attacks} "  which would show the attacks for that player regardless if a token was selected or not.

Edited 1565679937
Syn
Pro
@Vince Perhaps something I did or edited (I was playing around with editing some macros to my liking) caused an issue. Using the macro exactly as written (by either dragging to the macro bar or writing down the macro name when hovering over the button) only provides the following text when used: " %{selected|attacks}" This is the same for all of the not working buttons. I have clicked the character and I have ensured that an attribute exists with this name (using something like All_attacks causes a "does not exist" error). For more context, Many of the buttons work exactly as expected. The "all" button, which provides you a whispered list of all the other buttons has the same issue when attempting to use as a token action or a macro bar button. This means that selections in the "all" button such as "Combat Skills" works, when selections such as "Attacks" still cause the  " %{selected|attacks}" in chat. It could 100% be something I edited that caused an error, but I only edited the Attack macros as far as I remember so the others should work just fine. When I use the character's name instead of the "selected" tag, I still receive the same issues, but "Arya" (Character name) replaced "selected" in the chat. Edit: Added information on Character name

Edited 1565681298
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hmm.  I'm not able to reproduce your issue. Editing your attacks shouldn't have any impact on the attacks menu other than the name of the attack.  And that shouldn't impact any other chat menu button. If you simply select a linked token and type %{selected|attacks} into chat and hit enter, what happens? Also, is this ONLY happening with a single character or ...? You can try adding a new attack, item, spell, etc. to trigger an event that would regenerate a given chat menu macro and/or use the Recalc button on the sheet.
Vince, I requested my GM to give permission of another character sheet so I could test. His macros worked just fine. All other tokens when clicked respond just fine to the macro with the drop down list of possible and potential attacks. This is only happening to my character. I then tried recalculating again and it did not work. I tried adding an additional attack, still didn't work. Okay, as I was going to submit, I found a solution. Clicking the up arrow in chat to a previously pressed working button allowed me to bring the macros entire code into view for copying. "/w "@{Arya|character_name}" @{Arya|attacks-macro} {{whisper=@{Arya|PC-whisper}}} {{switch=~@{Arya|character_id}|NPC-attacks}}". I don't think the game is even supposed to do this. I then copied this into an ability slot and Viola! It works! I repeated with all broken buttons and everything was fine. I did some more testing and now suddenly everything works. I have no clue what I did to your poor sheet, but I think I confused it. Thank you for your assistance.

Edited 1565683338
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The UP arrow trick is a great way to see the last commands sent to chat. Your solution is very strange, but I'm glad you got it worked out. ;-)  Happy gaming.