Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PAIZO] Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rulebook Bug Thread

Edited 1564681249
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Thank you for purchasing the Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rulebook ! Please report any bugs and feedback for the Core Rulebook in this thread. Compendium You can access all of the Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rulebook in the in-app compendium , as well as on the Roll20 web compendium . Art Pack You can access the Character Art Pack under the Premium Assets section of the Art Library in-app. These assets are only available for in-app use. What Character Sheet should I use? All Pathfinder Second Edition licensed content on Roll20 uses the Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 character sheet. When creating a new Roll20 game that you intend to use with the Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rulebook, be sure to select the Pathfinder Second Edition sheet as your character sheet in the Game Setup page for full compatibility.
I have the PDF from Paizo, but it doesn't seem to be offering me any sort of discount on the Bundle in the Marketplace. My R20/Paizo accounts are linked.
@Derek B - you have to link your paizo account to your to your roll20 account for the discount to load from my account.
Robert W. said: @Derek B - you have to link your paizo account to your to your roll20 account for the discount to load from my account. As I indicated: My R20/Paizo accounts are linked.
Of course, I said that all snarkily but it turns out at some point that link unlinked.  /sigh I have re-linked them and will go back and look to see about the price.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Derek - Please let me know if it works for you now! Thanks!
Items in compendium have only flavour text info with no actual stats. This is critical for weapons and armor. E.g. when I look for the greatsword I get only this:  Please add at least weapon damage and traits and ideally a separate table with all weapons/armor. Thanks!
Maelorn, under the Rules category in the compendium, the Armor link has the tables for armor and their stats. The Weapon Statistics link has the weapon tables for those stats. Hopefully this helps!
Bunny said: Maelorn, under the Rules category in the compendium, the Armor link has the tables for armor and their stats. The Weapon Statistics link has the weapon tables for those stats. Hopefully this helps! I think its the same with 5e compendium.   That being said, do you have leeway from piazo to maybe include the actual stats in the item entry too?  It would make sense and be nicer from a usability side of things.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Jake (and Maelorn), Pathfinder Second Edition compendium integration is a work-in-progress, and we anticipate that items will have drag-n-drop functionality as well as individual attributes as we continue to develop for Pathfinder Second Edition on Roll20. For now please utilize the included tables, but we're excited to bring more functionality to the tabletop!
Bunny said: Maelorn, under the Rules category in the compendium, the Armor link has the tables for armor and their stats. The Weapon Statistics link has the weapon tables for those stats. Hopefully this helps! Yeah, thanks, it helped! WIll use the table untill drag and drop will work (hope it will happen soon XD)

Edited 1565319902
My accounts are linked, and were when I bought the guidebook here, but I either don't have or can't seem to find the free PDFs from Paizo. Can anybody check if I did anything incorrectly?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Log into your paizo account.&nbsp; Go to&nbsp; <a href="https://paizo.com/products/btq01zp3?Pathfinder-Core-Rulebook" rel="nofollow">https://paizo.com/products/btq01zp3?Pathfinder-Core-Rulebook</a> Click the "add pdf"&nbsp; If you check your shopping cart it should show as no charge and "in your downloads".&nbsp; At least this is what worked for me...
Vince said: Log into your paizo account.&nbsp; Go to&nbsp; <a href="https://paizo.com/products/btq01zp3?Pathfinder-Core-Rulebook" rel="nofollow">https://paizo.com/products/btq01zp3?Pathfinder-Core-Rulebook</a> Click the "add pdf"&nbsp; If you check your shopping cart it should show as no charge and "in your downloads".&nbsp; At least this is what worked for me... Thanks, Vince. Turns out, I think I did have it, but with no indication that it was the second edition PDF in the list, I thought it was the 1e set of rules. Noticed it was updated June 2019 and put in my collection August 2019, so gave it a download and sure enough, it says second edition in the cover page of the PDF itself. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Last night my group got together for the first time. Can't wait to run Fall of Plaguestone. We decided to make our own characters to get a feel for the rules and such before the adventure starts. We had a *fun* time navigating the shared compendium. - First issue: I created a handout from the compendium by dragging the "Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rulebook" (table of contents) portion to the table. Everyone was able to access the handout and use the links while within the table. If the handout was made a pop-out then access to the linked items was prohibited. I am not sure if this is an intentional security protocol or a bug. But it did present some restriction to players that had multiple displays. -Second issue: The Human ancestry does not contain the base Ancestry Entries that the others do. Specifically, we were unable to find Ancestry Hit Points, Size, Speed, Ability Boosts, and Traits. Below is a capture of the entries for dwarf, something similar appears for every other Ancestry except human. - Third issue: the link for Perception (under Chapter 9: Playing the Game) on the table of contents directs to the Movement section (which happens to be the link directly before Perception. I hope this report will be helpful.
Phillip G. said: - First issue: I created a handout from the compendium by dragging the "Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rulebook" (table of contents) portion to the table. Everyone was able to access the handout and use the links while within the table. If the handout was made a pop-out then access to the linked items was prohibited. I am not sure if this is an intentional security protocol or a bug. But it did present some restriction to players that had multiple displays. This is not a bug exclusive to the Pathfinder Core Rulebook; some of Roll20's more advanced features do not work when windows are popped out into separate browser windows.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Hi Phillip, thank you so much for your feedback and I hope you and your players have fun with Fall of Plaguestone! Onto the important issues you brought up: 1) You're right that handouts pulled to the VTT do not currently have access to linked items. If your players access the compendium via compendium sharing in-app, however, they should be able to pop out the windows (with working links) as separate browser windows. Please let me know if this is not the case and we'll get you set up to bug report! 2) Great catch! All of that information is now on the human compendium page. 3) Unfortunately that's the work of our auto-linker, which has known issues and is on the docket to become a more useful feature. Thank you so much for your very helpful notes!
Thanks, Vince. Turns out, I think I did have it, but with no indication that it was the second edition PDF in the list, I thought it was the 1e set of rules
I purchased pathfinder second edition but when I make a pathfinder i can not load the package
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Jimmy - You can access all of the Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rulebook in the in-app compendium &nbsp;in your created game, as well as on the Roll20 web compendium .
Hello, I just purchased the PF2 Core Rulebook specifically for the ability to drag and drop spells to character sheets (as advertised on the marketplace page), but I can't seem to get the drag-and-drop to work at all. Is this a bug, or is it not ready to use yet? And if the latter is true, what would be the estimated delivery for the feature in question?
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Jarno - As the marketplace page notes, upcoming development includes Drag &amp; Drop functionality for items, spells, and class features, right onto your Character Sheet! Additionally, a vibrant Charactermancer is actively in development (coming early 2020).
Moving confirmed report here:&nbsp; WarnarI &nbsp;said: Bug happens if you type in "mariner’s curse" in the compendium and search. Instead of finding the spell this happens: " An error has occurred." and compendium no longer functions until you restart it by going back to your "my games" page.&nbsp; You can search for the mariner's curse spell by just typing mariner without the compendium bugging out.&nbsp; I verified this issue happening for me as well. For a workaround until a fix is provided, I was able to just reload the page instead of completely restarting it to reinitiate the compendium.&nbsp;

Edited 1569546849
yeah, I tried that work around before. While that works sometimes, two other issues can pop up if I try to reload a roll20 game: -many times it will load another game i am in (not the one I want nor was in before the reload) Or, -it will not load properly, folders and sheets not loaded in after it says its loaded so that leaves me with the more reliable, albeit more round about, way by just going to my home page and go to my game from there.&nbsp;

Edited 1569556519
another curse bug: "outcast’s curse"&nbsp; seems that the curse spells are cursed in searching them! XD but in all seriousness, methinks that the ( 's ) part of the word is messing up the search function in the compendium and it stops working when you search for words with ( 's ) in them. could be wrong since i am no programmer, but it seems too much of a coincidence for both "Mariner's curse" and "outcast's curse" spells search errors out the compendium.&nbsp;
Hi, Just looking for clarification. I have the HC books for PF2, I bought the PDF's from Paizo as I read that they link to here (link is up) but it looks like I have to by the books again here for a working compendium? Even as a pro account? Thanks
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Warnarl - thanks for the report, that is odd! I'll get the devs to look into it. Kinder - buying the PDF from Paizo means you will receive a discount on the Roll20 conversion using Roll20 Account Sync. Please see here for more details!