Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Changing ownership of campaigns?

Is there a way to change the owner of a campaign? e.g. Say I own a campaign, and I no longer want to DM it, can I give it to a friend?
Nope. You can assign the friend GM status, but that's as far as it goes. It'll still be in your account, and there's no way to change that. Even the transmogrifier won't help; campaigns can't be transferred between accounts. -Phnord
Phnord is correct. You can promote another player to being a Co-DM, but you cannot transfer ownership. I know of some campaigns where they juggle the GM duties, however, and the person who created the campaign simple demotes and promotes the other players depending on who's taking over, and then uses the option in the settings tab to log in as a player themselves.
Thanks for the info
This is a shame. At the moment my bf and own and co-GM various campaigns between us. We haven't got a subscription because we can't afford 2 and as we each own half the camapigns we GM, whoever had the subscription would get the benefits for their campaigns while the other missed out.
Kit said: This is a shame. At the moment my bf and own and co-GM various campaigns between us. We haven't got a subscription because we can't afford 2 and as we each own half the camapigns we GM, whoever had the subscription would get the benefits for their campaigns while the other missed out. In a similar boat. We dreamed up the idea of just making a collective "GM subscription" that we both have access to. The GM account would be the one who runs games, and we join the games we play in on our vanilla, non-mentor accounts.
As long as the subscriber created the campaign, the benefits should pass to a co-GM . Another option is you could ask your players to co-finance a subscription for you.