Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Broken purchased game

I have purchased several of the official WotC modules. Right now we are playing through Curse of Strahd and have been having problem after problem with it. I own the game but my friend is DMing it for us so I've made her the DM. In the last session, I could see (in player mode) tokens that she had placed on the map previously but she could no longer see. She had never deleted them and I was the only one that could see it. She also could not see one player's token. She had an entire army of one player on the map. Most of us could see them but the DM and one other player could not. I'm having a terrible time with the compendium as well. I cannot (nor can she) drag ANY of the monsters that are supposed to exist in the module and are listed in the monster section onto the map. If I delete a monster and find them in the compendium again they work, but there are specialized monsters so this is not a good solution. I thought maybe something in the game had been corrupted so I tried to make a copy of the game and see if that worked, but in that one not only can I not drag monsters out, but there is no compendium button along the top.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
For the lack of a compendium, you might need to go into the Game Settings and set the compendium for it. For the rest, it sounds like this should be move to the Bug Forum and exploration should begin.
One of the player characters seems to be unable to be added to maps as well.  
Moving this over to Bug forum Hi Skurp, Looking into one of your Curse of Strahd games it seems you also added in the Ravenloft Map Pack, can you confirm this is the case? If so, this is very likely the root cause of your issues. If you have purchased Curse of Strahd and created a module for it, the Ravenloft Map Pack is not necessary to add and unfortunately causes many of the same issues you are running into if added into a Curse of Strahd game. For context, the Ravenloft Map Pack is intended for existing games who want to make use of the maps without the need of purchasing the module as a whole. The fix for this currently would be to create a new game and as a Pro user transfer character sheets or individualized/custom information to the new campaign. Lastly, if you do not need the Ravenloft Map Pack, feel free to email us at <a href="mailto:Team@Roll20.net" rel="nofollow">Team@Roll20.net</a> and we can get you taken care of.
I MAY have added the map pack? I remember being a bit confused when I purchased the module as to why the maps were separate. I will work on moving the game information to a new game and will be emailing about the map pack. Thank you.&nbsp;
Since this post is only days old: ALL (three copies) my Curse if Strahd games disappeared. Yesterday they were perfectly working, today they are gone. I opened: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7737328/help-my-game-disappeared" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7737328/help-my-game-disappeared</a> Maybe these problems are connected?!