Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Bulk delete art

How can I bulk delete art from my library? Doing it via the deprecated library manager tool will take me years to free enough space for tomorrow....
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
How about using Folder View ? Beyond that, I would look to delete high file size items, such as maps, first. Also, storage is far more quickly eaten up by audio. If you have a lot of that, that's a better place to start culling to quickly regain room.

Edited 1567183935
You mean this incredibly bug free view ? Yeah that would have likely helped, but still is not really a good way if you havent structured anything in folders yet and it does not show any file sizes etc.... Coming back to roll20 it looks like there is not a single area which is working flawlessly. I really loved this site but trying to come back and struggling with: Quota reached and no good way to delete hundreds of tokens selectively (if you had not organized them in folders yet because folders did not exist back when you uploaded them...) Trying to subscribe and cannot because of a subscription purchase (error) Trying to move images to the new folder (does not drag them to the folder but simply instantiates all of them on the table) I am really not sure if roll20 is still the amazing site I told everyone about it and "how cool it is"... All I wanted to do is create 6 stupid clocks, upload them, create the rollable tables for them and this already wasted 2 hours of my time. Sorry about the rant. Your answer was helpful, I am just really frustrated with roll20 at the moment...
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Using the folder view as you noticed has it's problems but for deleting you can usually get 15 to 20 at a time so it does go quicker. You do have to be careful about what you click and delete as a group due to once it is deleted, it is gone with no recovery.

Edited 1567188840
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Understandable frustration. The site is very... quirky, and long-time users tend not to notice the shortcomings because we are used to seeing them and working around them. According to the wiki ("Batch Image Relocation"), to move selected items into a folder, you must drag the items to an uncollapsed folder in the My Library panel, not the folder in Folder View (which is admittedly the behavior you would expect). I think that's what your screen cap was demonstrating, but I wasn't sure.

Edited 1567193029
Thanks everyone! I will try dragging them to the My Library panel :) and as I was able to release this vent now, I am a bit more calm. A few more bug reports send to the team and hopefully they can fix it (item duplication in the library because of  playing around, sync errors, etc)