Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Trouble tokens displaying information for Characters

1567241900

Edited 1567242122
I am having such a frustratingly hard time linking my characters with their tokens. I can make a character, I can upload an image, I can set that image as the default token for the character sheet, but that's it. When I drag the character onto a map, the token will show but the nameplate won't show, the health bar won't show, nothing that I've already set and linked will show. And it's fickle! Some do, some don't. I don't know what I'm doing wrong! I click the character, I go to token editor, Show Nameplate is checked on, Name See and Edit are both checked on, I update and save the token, and then I drag it into the map... no name. Same with health and all my bars! I don't know why I've got one working perfectly and the rest are messed up. They look the same on the insides. The biggest thing I want is to not have to set permissions every single time I make a new map. I want my players to be able to drag their character from their journal and just play without 5 minutes of fiddling around. If I can get an hp bar, that'd be awesome too, but I can live without it.
1567247579
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
To do this the process is a little counter-intuitive.  You need to set the Token up how you want it FIRST, and then set it as the Token for the sheet. So, right now, drag the character out so you get the token, fix the token, delete the token from the sheet, select the token you just modified, and on the sheet use "selected token" and that should solve your problem.
This worked. I figured that was just for the picture for the token! Appreciate the help