Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Shared input fields

Tealk
Pro
Sheet Author
Hello, is it possible to create a field in a character sheet that is shared with all other character sheets? Example: The group has a point pool "Luck" and everyone in the group can use it. Now I want every user to see and edit the pool on his sheet.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Only if you give everyone edit rights over that character sheet. As a Pro user, you can use a script to edit a specific attribute (chatsetattr is good for this. You could give everyone a macro that lets them alter that communal stat, as well as display the current value. I'd put it on a separate character sheet made just for this.
Tealk
Pro
Sheet Author
I am writing a new Chrakter sheet and wanted to include it there.

Edited 1567686542
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sorry, there's no way to do it with a script. Character sheets can only refer to their own contacts, they cant access or do anything with other sheet's attributes (except through macros, but you need to supply the sheet name or use 'selected/target', and that's not the kind of usage you're talking about).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you do use GiGs' first suggestion, I'd suggest assigning the communal character sheet a token, and linking the shared attribute to a bubble on the token. If you keep that token on the board, everyone has quick access to it.
Tealk
Pro
Sheet Author
ok so i'm assuming that there's no way to build this into a character sheet but only through the detour of a divided character sheet thank you for your answers.

Edited 1567727000
Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Well... not *only* through a divided character sheet. I actually just did this via chatsetattr as GiGs mentioned. Scion does a similar shared party stat, "Momentum" which can be gained/spent by the party. I have a radio series to track the value of momentum and use the following roll button after adding in the chatsetattr API script from the campaign settings.  <button type="roll" class="radiobutton" value="!setattr --silent --all --Momentum|0"><input type="radio".... <button type="roll" class="radiobutton" value="!setattr --silent --all --Momentum|2"><input type="radio".... <button type="roll" class="radiobutton" value="!setattr --silent --all --Momentum|3"><input type="radio".... The radio is part of a button that basically whispers to the chat window that the script 'hears' and sets the appropriate attribute for each sheet. 

Edited 1567750595
Tealk
Pro
Sheet Author
Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for. unfortunately i can't find the example in scion, i would have liked to have a closer look at it.