Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D5 Compendium and Backgrounds

Should Backgrounds from any purchased WOTC products show in the Compendium - and by extension the Charactermancer? I'm not seeing the TOA backgrounds in the Compendium.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Not all items are Compendiums. Tomb of Annihilation is a module. I don't think module options show up in the general compendium.
It could be because I'm using the Saltmarsh module, but those Backgrounds show in the Compendium (not just the module).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I can only make guesses. Perhaps GoS adds some compendium features since it has a rules section (ships, etc.)? But whatever the case, I can confirm what you are seeing: Anthropologist (ToA), no, Shipwright (GoS), yes.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
GoS was the first module to also offer Compendium features. The dev team has mentioned they would like to go back and add it to older modules (I believe it was two community roundtables ago they mentioned this) but at that time didn't have a timeline. Keep in mind, Charactermancer and Compendium support is much newer than most of the modules that are available in the marketplace, so a number of these features didn't exist when they made those modules.
Thanks Loren!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Loren. I had dim memories of something like that but didn't want to talk out of my hat.