Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Power cards and blind rolls on a query

Looking for some help.  I am trying to use the  !Power Cards  API Script to make a token macro that my players can use to blind roll a variety of checks.  I want it to give them a Query, where they can choose, Perception, Insight etc  (D&D 5E system) and then it will roll that check to the GM only, so the player doesn't see what they rolled.  At the same time, I want the card to output an Emote to chat that says some 'in-game' type phrase to let that player, and everyone else, know that a check has been rolled.  I have worked through several iterations and can't get the syntax to work out correctly.  I'd post my current code, but I've worked it over so long, it's probably easier to start fresh.  I also tried the Blind Rolls script, but could not get it to work on my game for even the most basic typed in call in chat.

Edited 1567822965
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I don't use queries, I have one token action per skill, but here is what I use.  (Just an example) /me attempts to make friends and influence enemies.... !power {{ --name|@{selected|token_name}~~~Diplomacy --format|skill --whisper|GM --Result:|[[ 1d20+@{HalfLevel}+@{CHA}+2[JoaT] +?{MiscMod?|0} ]] }}
What system is that for Gen Kitty, it doesn't look like 5E?  Thank you for posting that, it does give me some other clues I can try permutations off of.  I was trying to get a query to return a text result, and then use Conditionals within the Power Card to call back to the different skill names to return the appropriate flavor text and roll to GM. 
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
That was an example from my D&D 4e table.  For conditionals, I offer this Pathfinder powercard:

Edited 1568683648
Thanks for the help.  That did lead me onto the right path.  It got it working, and it prints an emote to chat (for those times when a player initiates the roll) and secretly rolls the skill, that only the GM sees.  Screencap of output: (second roll is with Guidance activated) For anyone searching, here is the !Power Cards code I have that now works:  !power {{   --whisper|gm   --name | Secret roll to GM   --hroll| [[ [$Skyll] 1d0 + ?{Skill?|Perception, 0 |  Insight, 1 |  Investigation, 2 | Stealth, 3 | Survival, 4 } ]]   --?? $Skyll == 0 ?? emote|@{selected|token_name} peers around for hidden things.   --?? $Skyll == 0 ?? Perception:|[[1d20+ @{selected|perception_bonus}]]+@{selected|global_skill_mod}   --?? $Skyll == 1 ?? emote|@{selected|token_name} ponders hidden motives.   --?? $Skyll == 1 ?? Insight:|[[1d20+ @{selected|insight_bonus}]]+@{selected|global_skill_mod}   --?? $Skyll == 2 ?? emote|@{selected|token_name} searches for secret clues.   --?? $Skyll == 2 ?? Investigation:|[[1d20+ @{selected|investigation_bonus}]]+@{selected|global_skill_mod}   --?? $Skyll == 3 ?? emote|@{selected|token_name} sneaks around.   --?? $Skyll == 3 ?? Stealth:|[[1d20+ @{selected|stealth_bonus}]]+@{selected|global_skill_mod}   --?? $Skyll == 4 ?? emote|@{selected|token_name} examines the surroundings for natural signs.   --?? $Skyll == 4 ?? Survival:|[[1d20+ @{selected|survival_bonus}]]+@{selected|global_skill_mod} }} I checked share with players and Show as Token Action, so that all players could use it, and then they already have their character selected.