Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pre-configured character sheets for monsters?

Hey, New guy here, going to DM my first game of 5e with my friends soon and Im trying to figure out this site. So I made some macros which check ability and it refrences to the player char sheet- great! I want to do the same for my monsters, the only option I currently see is creating my monster (taking a token), assigning char sheet to it, feel it up and copy it and I would like you help to find a better way. First- is there a place I could download an already filled char sheets for the monsters? Second- How do I assign a sheet to a token and save it? So atleast if I need to feel it up manually, ill only need to do this once for every monster? Thanks.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If you are using the roll20 5e sheet, you should be able to drag and drop the monsters from the compendium with most of the needed info there.
So simple, Thanks. How can I bind it to a token? so everytime I use this monster token it will know its related to this "char"? Thanks!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The wiki has this information: Linking Tokens to Journals You can also watch this video: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTq3_e6MiRI&amp;t=216s" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTq3_e6MiRI&amp;t=216s</a>
Thank you both.
Another noobish easy question that I don't want to open in a different thred: How do I make an attack without going into the monster sheet? (currently going into the monster sheet and pressing on the attack). Thanks.

Edited 1568321238
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Use a Token Action button . Press the attack as normal. Click in the chat input area and press the up cursor key. This will provide you with the code passed by the sheet. activate the Attributes and Abilities tab of the sheet, and add a new ability on the right hand side. Name it appropriately ("bite", claw, etc.). Close the ability (not the sheet) and choose "Show as Token Action" for that ability. The ability will now appear as a button on the upper left of the table top whenever you have the token selected. ( you may have to de-select and re-select the token to get the button to appear for the first time.
Yay. Thanks again.