Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Fill Tool / Market Upload Limit

The MapHatter
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hello Everyone.  Two questions - I have been looking for a Fill Tool, i.e. clicking on a rectangle and filling it with a texture, like brick, for instance. But I don't yet have the Premium Roll20 Account (but I intend to) - and was wondering if that is maybe a premium feature?  I have an unbelievable amount of modular dungeon tiles but I am just curious which direction should go in in terms of adding background to the tiles or leaving them blank so that a fill tool will more easily be able to blanket the tile layout with a given texture? Second question - is there a way to increase the upload limit to the Marketplace, (is this a premium perk maybe?) I have a silly amount of material to upload (no joke, 30 packs of maps with 30 pieces each, 60 tile packs with 144 tiles each just for starters) and it will take me years at this rate to share it all to the Market doing only 5 items at a time - which also take quite a while to process and vet before being cleared. Thanks to people giving my maps a go already too - very much appreciated :) So, on my two questions, Any love?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
There is no fill tool. There was a video from before Roll20 was kickstarted that showed Riley playing with one, but it never made it to the final product.  No idea on the upload stuff, have to wait on a Marketplace artist to pipe up. 
The MapHatter
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi The Aaron - thanks for your reply. OK - I will go in a particular direction with them based on that fact then - thanks.
The MapHatter
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I just noticed that you have API Script on your name - and looked that up - so, you can build tools to change functions within Roll20 if you know how to script?  I have built tools in other platforms - do you think it would be possible to build a Fill Tool?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You can create scripts that modify the state of the Roll20 Objects, and create other Roll20 Objects (characters, attributes, tokens, drawings, etc).&nbsp; You can't change the presentation of those things.&nbsp; The closest to what you're asking for is this script:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2123439/script-areamapper/?pageforid=2123439#post-2123439" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2123439/script-areamapper/?pageforid=2123439#post-2123439</a> &nbsp; As I recall, there were some limitations back when it was created, YMMV.
The MapHatter
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks a lot The Aaron, took me a while to read through and digest the material. As a newbie to R20, I'll need to take time to familiarize myself more with the basics and limits so as to understand exactly what this does and is and understand how cool it is. My focus is on providing content atm, but I will aim to return to this once I understand which questions to ask, if any. Cheers mate.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
No worries, come back and ask anything. =D