Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a Way to Toogle Hidden Rolls for Compendium/Monster Manual Entries? [5E]

Hi all, I was wondering if there was an easy/quick way to make a say.....stealth roll? from a monster/npc character sheet so the players don't see the result? The thing is, I don't want all my monsters/npc's rolls (to hit, damage, saves etc) to be hidden, just things they wouldn't/shouldn't know. Thanks!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This is possible to do with a little up front work on the Shaped Sheet, but as far as I know does not work for the Roll20 sheet.
Damn! Thanks though! I would use shaped but I'm currently using my game to get new players into 5E (and roleplaying in general for some) so the basic sheet with the charactermancer is brilliant. While I have you here, do you happen to know if you can turn compendium entries such as "Expenses" and "Adventuring Gear" into journal entries? It works for items and such but not for a lot of things, but maybe I'm doing something incorrectly? Thanks again.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't think that something that remains resident in the tab can be turned into a journal entry, no. I also don't understand the filters. An "Amulet of the Planes" is "Adventuring Equipment"?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
discuit said: I would use shaped but I'm currently using my game to get new players into 5E (and roleplaying in general for some) so the basic sheet with the charactermancer is brilliant. I used to use the Shaped Sheet entirely, but the Charactermancer is a big draw for my players, and the fact that Shaped isn't technically being developed any more (just bug fixes), I'm trying to "future-proof" my campaign.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Discuit, you can try setting your campaign default settings to Whisper Toggle on character sheets, then apply that in game. This will put a toggle between GM and Public at the top of every sheet, so you can quickly toggle whether your rolls are whispered or public. Alternatively, since you are Pro, you could use the GroupCheck API script to easily roll for tokens. It has a whisper option that you can apply so rolls aren't public. The script is in the Script Library, so should be pretty easy to install and configure.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Also, (almost) anything that you search for in the compendium should be able to be turned into a handout in the journal. Just click and drag the item out of the search list to your tabletop, and it will create a handout. I do this for most of my games for Armor, Weapons, Adventuring Gear, and a few other things and then share them with all players, so they always have price references for standard items.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Loren the GM said: Also, (almost) anything that you search for in the compendium should be able to be turned into a handout in the journal. Just click and drag the item out of the search list to your tabletop, and it will create a handout. I do this for most of my games for Armor, Weapons, Adventuring Gear, and a few other things and then share them with all players, so they always have price references for standard items. Ah, I was thinking of the categories.