Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[LFP] Looking for LGBT+ players for 5e homebrew! EST

Hi all! I have been working on a homebrew D&D setting for a while, and I want to find 3 players to run a campaign in it! I'm looking for LGBT+ players to help me continue to make it a queer inclusive world and an inclusive group. The game would be in 5th edition with some minor mechanical changes (primarily modified monsters, new magical items), run around four hours starting 7PM EST on Sundays or Mondays (depending on player availability). About the GM: I'm Saafris, I'm a 27 year old nonbinary big old nerd who loves D&D and world building. I've been running D&D for about 8 years now, mostly in Pathfinder, but I have finally made the swap to 5e. As I said, my favorite parts of D&D is world building - my priorities when running D&D are roleplaying, exploration, and then combat and tactics in that order. I adore tying in player's backstories into the world - everything my players do gets put into my game's online wiki to become canon! I've run 3-4 campaigns that ran weekly over multiple years, and have run in Roll20 before. Campaign Hook:  When the player's trusted (if a bit eccentric) friend is framed for a murder in their sleepy town, the players must prove his innocence to free him. They are thrust into a life of adventure as they find that that task is not nearly as straightforward as they hoped. Expect criminal syndicates, adventure, powerful magic, and to explore a brand new setting! The homebrew setting is still fairly classic fantasy, though the races, cultures and creatures have been modified. Happy to share more to any interested players. Running the Game: I always run a session 0 to meet the three players, brainstorm characters, and help me plan how to tie everyone into the world. After that we can run the game over Roll20's or Discord's voice chat. I will probably invest in Roll20 Pro. The game would run from level 1 to ???. I have a story structure written down, but it is purposefully open ended in case players want to continue. You might be wondering why 3 players rather than 4. Over the years of running from anywhere between 2 and 8 players, I have found that 3 is my ideal. Every player has a lot of screen time allowing for characterization, backstory building, and whatever other scenes. Combat doesn't feel drastically different, but it's much faster! The Players: To make sure we get a great group together, and my campaign style matches with what you imagine, I'm going to explain some qualities I'd love to see in the players! LGBT+ - One of my goals in writing my setting was to make sure it was inclusive! There are few better ways to make a bunch of queer content than running for a queer group. Roleplayer & Explorer - I've written up a whole (very unfinished) wiki for my homebrew setting. Players that love learning about settings and entrenching themselves in the lore would warm my shriveled heart. Something not already written up? Improv it and it might become canon! 18+ - I don't think this would be particularly necessary, but it will make me cozier as a GM.
I would love to play this campaign!! I am agender myself, and the two characters I want to play atm are both LGBT+ in one way or another! I have a kenku bard and a dragonborn ranger, and this sounds perfect for either of them, honestly! It's also a perfect time for me [ CST ] as I really can't wake up too early lmao PM me if I sound Cool Enough for you
Hello i would be very much interested in playing in this campaign, it sounds like alot of fun, and  i can easily make the Sunday or Monday timeslot, i even have a character here if they so much interest ( I can play any class you need or another character, if you are needing something particular in your game) Character Name: Jackal   ( Real name  "Ja'rai  Silverrock Age:  29 Gender/pronouns: He/him/them Race:  Half-orc  Class (include subclass): Rouge/Mastermind  Alignment: Chaotic neutral  Backstory:  Belonging to a family of Archeologist, who lost his family to a tragic fire, that was revealed later on, from an old journal from his grandfather, that suggested foul play, and they were after an ancient relic, being taught by his grandfather in the ways of how to traverse, dungeon, ancient tombs, with also learning the art of self-defense, finding his grandfathers ancient tome, it was the location of a ancient temple,  blessed with a celestial being inside of it, that long ago said to have protected his town, forgotten over time, which when he was at his lowest, he traversed through this place, just to find a little bit of help and pay his respect, and without thinking gave her a small prayer, and asked if she would come down to  help him through his lowest point, it turned out his voice reached, toward a  seemingly celestial or magical entity, a woman that simply referred to herself as Velvet. Giving him a warm embrace, letting him know why things were at the lowest he has ever been, she would be there to give him warmth & to be supported, she would only ask if he did the same for her, he simply nodded and accepted being blessed with some new powers. Jackal takes up his arms and his remaining, last items, departing to maybe start anew, and also, to find some of the answers he seeks. Other: Potentially could see going into multiclass depending on the story into Celestial warlock or Archfey 
1569510270

Edited 1569510782
I know I might be a little late, but I might as well throw in my hat anyway--my boyfriend and I (both queer) have been looking for an LGBT-friendly game! I've used Roll20 before, but he's new to it (hence I'm the one trawling forums). We're both in EST, so that time would work. If you're interested, great! If not, no hard feelings, I know I was a little late. I hope you and your players have a great time!
Hi everyone, excited about all the interest this has gotten! Going through responses now and messaging people to figure out who we can mash together into a group!
Wait for me!!! I know I'm like 3 weeks late but I'll join I love the homebrew idea and as a gay man I can fit in easily. I'm super nice and easily to get along with and I'm down to play catch up!!