Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Deadline in Application Process

Not sure where to ask this.   I have a question, and I’m sure this has been addressed, but as a general courtesy to players who put in an application to ‘join a game’, why not have an application deadline as a suggested standard?  For instance, “If you DO NOT get a reply by this date and time, it is likely a NO (for whatever reason). I wish you luck with future applications.”   I get that this would not work in all situations, but if a game gets 20+ applications for 1 open slot, would a suggested deadline for a reply or no reply not be a plausible solution?  I am new to Roll20, and I apologize if this issue has been discussed in past posts ad nauseum, but is there a standard of etiquette (and perhaps that too strong a word) that we might follow that could streamline and add finality to this process for both DM and player benefit?   Thanks in advance,   Cyric 
I agree, but sometimes as a DM, the time it takes to find the a player can vary drastically. I've found a 5 players in a span of one afternoon, - Other times, it may have taken me up to a week to find a full team. I think it's more important for DM's to clearly mark when a game is full. I always make an effort to update my game/post, right at the top with the following, before then removing the game from a forum or listing... > PLEASE NOTE - Applications have now been and invitations have been sent out, I'm currently just awaiting invites to be accepted before removing this listing. Going with this logic, a player should be able to feel confident that they're never too late to apply.
Hello Cyric, For your suggestions, we offer the  Suggestions & Ideas  forum, which is based on voting from the whole community. We recommend placing your suggestion there. Please review our  Forum Voting  wiki page for more information on how voting works, and our  Posting to Suggestions & Ideas  section of the  Code of Conduct . As this is a suggestion thread outside the designated forum, this thread will be closed. Thanks!