Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

HTML pastes into character/handout result in empty spacing cells being deleted

I do not know if this is a bug or just that I am copying/pasting html I shouldn't be. The html in question is one of the export options for character sheets that the AD&D 2nd edition core rules cd can create. For now I have taken to printing it out as a pdf and using the image of that, but having it so the players or I could edit them was a nice option.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Could you provide a screenshot of the source and then of the error? Thanks - Gauss
and now when I copy the same HTML from the original file, I get this: Along with all the "spacer" cells missing that shifts everything to the left, I notice the background shading, included in the fist example, is also missing, I tried it with both FF and Chrome, both copy/pasting from the same file I used 2 weeks ago and have not altered. I can see the background shading flash for just a moment when I first paste it. Gone when you scroll up to look at it.
Gauss
Forum Champion
To clarify, the first image was of a character sheet that you pasted into a handout 2 weeks ago while the second image is the same character sheet pasted into a new handout on March 3rd?  To further clarify, the second image's problem is that it is missing the grey background and the spacer cell formatting?  - Gauss
Yes and yes.
You are more than welcome to look into my game itself if that would help understand the change in pasting methods.
Gauss
Forum Champion
I have included this in the bug report from the other thread ( <a href="http://app.roll20.net/forum/post/75406/copy-and-pasting-text-into-gm-notes-doesnt-keep-html-formatting-any-more#post-78298" rel="nofollow">http://app.roll20.net/forum/post/75406/copy-and-pasting-text-into-gm-notes-doesnt-keep-html-formatting-any-more#post-78298</a> )&nbsp;since it appears to be a related issue. :) - Gauss
Gauss
Forum Champion
This should be fixed in the next update.&nbsp; - Gauss
:) SWEET! thanks Roll20 team!
Still no change, but now I noticed (since I have tried to see if it has been fixed), that the colored background a cells are there momentarily, but then vanish, becoming the white, blank cell-deleted versions.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok OldSchoolChris, I will look into it.&nbsp; - Gauss
Gauss
Forum Champion
I have asked the Devs about the grey and it is intentionally not present. Sorry.&nbsp; Regarding the space, I have informed the Devs that the space is still missing. - Gauss
I can live without the grey, curious as to why it needs to be removed though.&nbsp; The cells is another matter and than you for the follow up.