Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Shadowrun Sixth World

Is anyone working on this?  I have the beginners boc and it is fantastic, but since i havent played it in ages, i dont know if the older edition sheets would work, or if 6th edition will need a brand new sheet.  any advice appreciated!

Edited 1564409217
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I am. It's going to be a few more months of work. The Shadowrun 5th Edition sheet will sort of work. A lot of rules haven't changed from 5e. Many of the attribute names will be the same making some data transferable.
thank you for the reply, and thank you for working on it!  
Thanks SO MUCH, Cassie, I've been trying to get it to work with macros but it's been a bunch of drek. Looking forward to this!
any work is much appreciated!  About to start tomorrow, and see how it goes!  Unfortunately we havent played since R Talsorian boxed set so wont know how to convert 5th sheet to 6th =/
Cassie said: I am. It's going to be a few more months of work. The Shadowrun 5th Edition sheet will sort of work. A lot of rules haven't changed from 5e. Many of the attribute names will be the same making some data transferable. Good luck bro. Me and a group of friends are watching for when the 6E character sheet shows up so we can start our game. We all got the starter kit, the new Streetpedia and the PDF of the core rule book. We are crazy excited to play.
If I had the rules I would help out (and before anyone mentions the PDF, I ordered through my local store for a pre-order and prefer to give them my money because it is hard enough to get a good local store.)

Edited 1567871209
I havent seen a rule prohibiting this, so please dont ban me, but politely back-handslap me if this is not allowed or in poor taste:   I have dropped a lot of dough on two beginners boxes, the core rules, the npc deck, streepedia, no future, 30 nights, and the other book with a cool name that escapes me after taking pain pills, ironically injuring myself (bc i am in bad shape) trying to put together an exercise bike to get into better shape. If there was a patreon or KS or any kind of "Pay Cassie to make a 6th Edition Sixth World Sheet", well I would be very eager to donate.   I apologize if discussing money or such things is not allowed.  I am disabled and had to take a rare pain pill thanks to the Schwinn 170 being DC 25 Athletics to assemble.  PS - I havent played SR since thr R Talsorian boxed set i got 30 years ago.  People (appreciated!) trying to be helpful by telling me its not too far off from 5e in many ways is like telling me learning to speak Dari isnt that bad if you already know Farsi.
Any update on this?
Help?
can you help me to learn how can i create script to contribute here? can you share some guides please, what tools need to compile an test is working    Ty A. said: Cassie said: I am. It's going to be a few more months of work. The Shadowrun 5th Edition sheet will sort of work. A lot of rules haven't changed from 5e. Many of the attribute names will be the same making some data transferable. Good luck bro. Me and a group of friends are watching for when the 6E character sheet shows up so we can start our game. We all got the starter kit, the new Streetpedia and the PDF of the core rule book. We are crazy excited to play.

Edited 1569927883
There is no 6th edition sheet started on GitHub for Roll20, so unless you do your own from scratch I dont see a way to help or contribute to, for example, a community project.  Woops I didnt actually answer your question Building Character Sheets Beginners Guide to GitHub All the Roll20 character sheets stored on GitHub Its a lot to take in but enthusiasm and dedication can chip away and maybe build some momentum.  I am terrible at HTML and CSS so need someone to do the front end stuff so i can contribute macros or code  

Edited 1569934464
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Rikki 145 said: can you help me to learn how can i create script to contribute here? can you share some guides please, what tools need to compile an test is working "Bad DM" posted the essential links to get started on Character Sheet Creation,  but I want to point out that to properly be able to work on customizing character sheets, you need Pro membership to have access to Custom Sheets in Roll20. Additionally, when I looked up Cassie's current work-in-progress of a 6E sheet, I see she is developing it with PUG & SCSS, so learning just HTML/CSS/JavaScript wouldn't be enough to be able to contribute to this particular sheet in progress. Whether she is open to collaborators at this point is another matter. Bad DM [Matthew P.] said: Its a lot to take in but enthusiasm and dedication can chip away and maybe build some momentum.  I am terrible at HTML and CSS so need someone to do the front end stuff so i can contribute macros or code Enthusiasm and dedication to Roll20, improving sheets and learning is what lead me from barely knowing any HTML/CSS, Git or GitHub, to now years later having contributed & create a few of sheets, and eventually even work on some of the Official Sheet this summer. Starting from zero is entirely possible :D In the recent year or so, some sheet authors, as well as Roll20, have started to shift from developing sheets in plain HTML/CSS, to also use PUG and SCSS when working on larger sheets or commissioned sheets. This ofc raises the bar to contribute to some sheets, as you actually need to compile the code into HTML/CSS. I've looked int SCSS a bit, and probably will try out PUG as well at some point to see if I'll use in developing future sheet. If/When I do, I might write some simple guides for using them as part of my learning process, but that's probably far in the future.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
PUG is the best. Thanks Jacob for championing that with Blades in the Dark. Anyway  my code is here  if anyone wants to try their hand. I dabbled on it a bit this weekend.  If there was a Patreon or KS or any kind of "Pay Cassie to make a 6th Edition Sixth World Sheet", well I would be very eager to donate.  That is very nice of you. ;) I do have a Patreon which can be found in most of my sheets. If you start donating make sure you tell me on Patreon that's what you want. I keep my Patreons in mind when picking updates to do. To be commissioned to do this sheet would probably cost $1,000-1250 or maybe less...If you're patient I'll get it done eventually....
Any news?
Need this. thank you.
Holding my breath and sending positive energy!
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Actarus said: Any news? Looking at the public repo Cassie have, at the very least the last update on the sheet was made at the start of December .
This is so frustrating.  Is it Roll20's fault?  Nope. Is it great that Cassie is working on it and trying to make the community better? Yep.  Everyone is trying their best, no one has dropped the ball, this is just how the platform works. I have no legitimate target for my frustration. Serenity Now! Thank you all sheet authors and API scripters for all your hard work in 2019, and I look forward to your creations in 2020.  Ive never been more keenly aware of how important you are (as I stare at hundreds of dollars of books I cant use on a shelf gathering dust)

Edited 1578741731
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Bad DM [Matthew P.] said: This is so frustrating.  Is it Roll20's fault?  Nope. Is it great that Cassie is working on it and trying to make the community better? Yep. This is so true. In the other thread I did point out that this only one of many things Cassie does in her free time, and works on lots of stuff. I'm currently in somewhat similar situation where I've only worked on paid commissions lately and left my hobby projects untouched for some time. Andreas J. said(in reply to OP mentioning the thread hadn't been updated in 3 months): The thread haven't had an update in 3 months, but Cassie updated her SR 6E sheet on the public repo at the start of December so it seems to move along. Cassie work on several sheets both as hobby and paid projects, so it might greatly vary what she have the time for. If you want to nudge her forward on this or appreciate what she done with the 5E or Anarchy sheets, you can check Cassie's patreon .
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Unfortunately Shadowrun is falling by the wayside to paid commissions I have. I do not play Shadowrun 6th Edition so my personal time project tend to go to games that I do play. If some one else is interested in taking over the project then I could give them some pointers on converting the 5e sheet. In general I don't expected to have this done soon. All of my attempts to get Catalyst to do something official failed.
thanks for the honest update! luckily i hadnt bought 30 nights, cutting black, or the gm screen yet, so this post saves me over $100 :D
So, nobody is working on making this happen? I feel like it's a big enough game for Roll20 to commit some resources to facilitating. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be how they do things (with the exception of D&D) from what I can see.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Dain that is a rather poor attitude and disheartening as a contributor. Shadowrun is copywritten IP and a business cannot just do what they please with it. I talked to Jason couple years ago about using my LLC to bring their products to Roll20. He was enthusiastic about the idea but the details didn't work out. It happens. If you're interested in getting Catalyst products here reach out to them. Its not the end of the world to play without a character sheet. I played Shadowrun 5th Edition & Anarchy for two years+ with RunnerHub & Emerald Grid before writing character sheets for those systems. Its easy enough to create a few macros for rolls and manage a character sheet with an outside resource.
I find it hard to believe that me personally reaching out to Catalyst, which I have no idea how to do, will have more influence than Roll20 reaching out to them.  Shadowrun 6e is nigh-impossible (SPOON) to play without a character sheet. But Shadowrun 6e being a dead game is Catalysts fault, not roll20s, not Cassies, that I think is the point we need to all agree upon.  
well i sent a polite tweet to catalyst. Cant hurt!

Edited 1578812807
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Bad DM [Matthew P.] said: Shadowrun 6e is nigh-impossible (SPOON) to play without a character sheet. If not for the Roll20 Advanced SR5E sheet & Chummer, I wouldn't have played Shadowrun 5e, the amount of bookkeeping is massive. Only time I've seen it absolutely necessary to manage a character's stats. Bad DM [Matthew P.] said: well i sent a polite tweet to catalyst. Cant hurt! If it was a public tweet, wanna share a link here so we can go and like it ? :D Couldn't find it through checking relevant hashtags
Sure! <a href="https://twitter.com/matt_paluch/status/1216226768098676736" rel="nofollow">https://twitter.com/matt_paluch/status/1216226768098676736</a>
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I wouldn't say its anyone's fault. Everyone has their priorities to manage and publishers have to manage all their markets, not just this one. For Free League Publishing &amp; Schwab Entertainment, I have offered to convert some of&nbsp; their initial content for free to encourage it being more accessible on our loved platformed. Even offering such a low cost opportunity sometimes it just doesn't move forward. Tomas said it best when I talked with him at GenCon. It was essentially&nbsp; 'we have to consider the health of our game.' &nbsp;Which I took to mean that they want to make sure they weren't branching out too much which might impact their quality. I can respect that even if it means no Mutant Year Zero card decks right now. *sad*.&nbsp; Stay positive and encourage publishers to keep branching out into VTTs.&nbsp; For Runner Hub &amp; Emerald Grid playing 5e we used Chummer/Hero Lab to manage characters then used Roll20 for maps, handouts, atmosphere, and dice rolls. I played hundreds of games that way for two years. Compared to other games, Shadowrun is relatively easy when it comes to actual dice rolls since its just a #d6&gt;5. Character sheets are nice but they are a luxury rather than a necessity. To quote Theodore Roosevelt, " Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."

Edited 1578998360
&nbsp;- I find SR 6e very &nbsp;difficult to learn.&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;- I just went to create a new game, to see.&nbsp; There are WAY more "by Roll20" character sheets than I recall. Not games I would have picked, but I greatly underestimated how much time and effort Roll20 had put in themselves to making character sheets. My bad! &nbsp;- There are way more character sheets than I recall being there, from the community. And same for companies making their own! &nbsp;- Coriolis, Forbidden Lands, Aliens, and MYZ are all represented - 4 of the 5 games I am interested in.&nbsp; It seems just "bad luck" that I wanted to play SR 6e,&nbsp; All the other games on my hotlist seem to be represented! It is still hard not to think of Roll20 as a 5th edition DND platform, but "updating my brain" as to what is actually out there was a huge eye-opener.&nbsp; There is a ton of non-5e content.&nbsp; Im not exactly sure to whom I owe an apology but someone pls accept it hehe.&nbsp; If anyone with influence is reading this, Free League games (frialigan.se) is currently the best company, making the best games.&nbsp; Any support for Aliens, Coriolis, Forbidden Lands, Mutant Year Zero and its expansions, Tales from the Loop, and Symbaroum now that they acquired that IP, is time and effort well spent.&nbsp; &nbsp;

Edited 1579397665
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You don't need to apologize but I'll pass along your sentiments on Monday. &lt;3 I wrote the MYZ sheet on Roll20 based loosely on Vince's code for Forbidden Lands. Wrapping up a 10 month Mutant Year Zero game next month or so. Its a fun little system. We got a lot of use out of Chibbin Grove's Dashboards &amp; Richard Tran's token packs. Ark &nbsp;which one of my players drew with Roll20 tools &amp; Map . One of my players used the game as an excuse to write a tool in React for Zone Generation . If you like Gamma World then you'll like MYZ. We finished a short Symbaroum campaign at end of last year. The world &amp; art is incredible. I've never been so entranced by lore. It is my favorite ttrgp world to date. By end of the campaign we tried to siege a tower from goblins. My priestess of Prios turned into an abomination and my ward fell down a well...at least our barbarians lived. While I like their presentation at Free League games, Schwab Entertainment is making my nomination of best game. You might check out Shadow of the Demon Lord . I'll start off with a disclaimer that it is horror and a little too low brow vulgar for me in some places but the mechanics are incredibly streamlined. The character advancement system is one of best I've played. As the gamemaster, I've combined it with the Building a House section of Song of Ice &amp; Fire (also written by Schwab) to create a dynamic grimdark fantasy world.

Edited 1579515874
I played dnd w rob in high school hehe.&nbsp; I was a Disciple Backer of SotDL and wrote a monster!&nbsp; PunkApoc is *so* much fun to make characters too. I adore SotDL, although when rob ran a game for me, I was TPK'd by a *light* in a tree before making it to the actual adventure site haha!&nbsp; Symbaroum is the top setting ive played. Even just the stuff players "know". The dynamic between the church and the royals, and then again the groups within the church, are a freaking feat of awesomeness, and thats before you even get to the barbarians! I wish I was in a Coriolis game as a player (i always GM), just bc the lore is so rich I get overwhelmed trying to read/memorize it all at once - as a player i could pick one aspect to master.&nbsp; Not sure if you know the "secret" ( i dont actually think its a secret but cant hurt) with the 3 MYZ expansion books but i thought it was genius. drop me a PM if interested - im pretty sure its in all the reviews or even the back covers of the books but ill leave it unsaid. i found the richard tran packs, thanks!&nbsp; I cant find the chibbin grove dashboard tho, if you had a link pls? Thanks for talking shop!&nbsp; And holler if you have room in a Coriolis game :D matt
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'll send you a PM. We've gotten pretty far off the Shadowrun 6e topic. :) - Cassie