Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Bar Bug List

keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This is the last word received on the state of token bars after the redesign. I would ask for an update in that thread, but it has been automatically closed: Known Issues If you have at least one token bar visible, there isn't a way to prevent having a token bar from overlapping the top of your token. As a workaround, you can set Bar 3 to 0/0 and it will display as a box with transparent background. (Added April 23) Token bars do not correctly overlap with Advanced Fog of War (Added April 23) Token bars do not scale with map scale. As a result, the bars are somewhat crowded at .5 scale and the full text of the values may not display completely. (Added April 23) Apply default settings does not apply to tokens in the journal  (Added April 25) Default setting of "Hidden" not being applied to new assets  (Added April 25) Status Icons aligned to left or right are obscured by token bars  (Added April 27) Could a dev speak to the latest status on each of these? I believe that some of them have been resolved, but not Additionally, this item was reported by at least 5 users, but never made it to the list of issues. As a strong user of the API it would be really nice if this feature could reach parity with all other token settings. Could we have an update? Is this being worked on? I love the redesign of the token bar. However, I have to set default tokens manually now because there is no API access to the new features, and the default token API command does not respect the new settings. Is there any work being done to bring the new features up to speed with the existing features in regard to the API?

Edited 1569966293
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, Keith! If you have at least one token bar visible, there isn't a way to prevent having a token bar from overlapping the top of your token. As a workaround, you can set Bar 3 to 0/0 and it will display as a box with transparent background. (Added April 23) You can now set the token bars to be above, overlapping the top, below, or overlapping the bottom of your token, and all but top overlapping will prevent your bars from overlapping the token. Token bars do not correctly overlap with Advanced Fog of War (Added April 23) Token bars overlap with AFoW now. Token bars do not scale with map scale. As a result, the bars are somewhat crowded at .5 scale and the full text of the values may not display completely. (Added April 23) The bars don't scale because the font needs to remain somewhat readable. This is unlikely to be changed soon. Apply default settings does not apply to tokens in the journal  (Added April 25) Apply default settings applies to tokens on pages, but does not affect tokens attached to characters in the journal tab. Default setting of "Hidden" not being applied to new assets  (Added April 25) If your game has a default setting of Hidden for token bar overlays, they are applied to new assets. Status Icons aligned to left or right are obscured by token bars  (Added April 27) Status icons aligned to left or right can be obscured by token bars if the token bars are set to one of the overlapping options, but this is easy to work around by setting the bars to above or below the token. API Support The API has not been updated to support the new token bar options, though it's something we do want to work on soon for this and other new features. Thanks for asking for a follow-up on those issues. We're always trying to improve both the site and our processes. For some of these, we decided not to develop further as we're looking at other ways to meet those needs.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Stephanie, Sorry if it's a hassle, but I've been going through some of the bug threads that have not received updates. Number 7 is the one I was particularly interested in.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
keithcurtis said: Thanks Stephanie, Sorry if it's a hassle, but I've been going through some of the bug threads that have not received updates. Number 7 is the one I was particularly interested in. If this were a suggestion, I would be adding my vote...