Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Toggling all names on and off?

Are there any scripts available that let you tick or untick the "Show Nameplate" option on every token on a map at once? 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
One could be written. Do you only want names toggled on the objects layer, or GM layer also. And do you want to toggle each individually (turn off the ones that are in, and on the ones that are off) or blanket set all to on or all to off?
Hmm. I was thinking just the object layer and blanket setting them all to on or off - though I can't see an issue with the GM layer being affected too. Mostly, I'm just thinking in terms of what players are seeing - things can get so crowded and cluttered when there are names everywhere, but its often also important to be able to see the names too. Being able to quickly switch between them would be a lot more convenient than repeatedly ticking and unticking boxes within the individual tokens. If you (or someone else) were to write one up, it would be enormously appreciated!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
If it's just the object layer, and you don't mind an extra step, you can do it with TokenMod: On the object layer, select all (Ctrl-A or Cmd-A) !token-mod --on showname
Oh, awesome, that'll do nicely. Thanks!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Cool. =D