Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Viability of asynchronous games

Has anyone had any success playing asynchronous games with Roll20? Or is it primarily for "live" games. It looks fantastic for that, but I'm trying to determine if it can be a replacement for play-by-post games. I looks like a player can enter the game without the DM being there, say what he/she wants to do, roll dice, etc etc. And then the DM can come in and check what the players did, update the map, and so forth. I think it may just work, or am I missing something?
Yes, Roll20 should work as you described. There aren't any notifications about offline activity, but assuming you're fine without that, then yes, it should just work.