Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't access SRD pages in Compendium due to owning supplemental books

I'm unable to access SRD pages in the Compendium while logged in for pages with identical names with pages in supplemental books like the PHB. Most recently hit on this trying to get a refresher on passive ability checks. The page is  Ability Scores . Logged in I get the PHB version, which is two paragraphs and a table, providing additional info on top of the 5 or 6 pages on Ability Scores in the SRD. (Check out this  comparison of ToCs  for an idea of what I'm talking about) The only "convenient" way for me to access the SRD content is to have a second Chrome window in Incognito open to check the base rules and another window where I'm logged in to check the supplemental info. The same issue (similarly named pages) pops up on the PHB Ability Scores page, too. In the "Variant: Customizing Ability Scores" paragraph, clicking the "Ability Scores" link, tries to take you to the Infernal War Machine Stat Blocks page in Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus , which I don't own, so it actually takes me to the market place to spend another $50 to further mess up my Compedium UX. If this is intended behaviour, it frankly sucks, if not this is a really annoying bug that greatly diminishes the "convenience" of having all my WotC books in the Compendium.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The search feature is frankly, very quirky and difficult to use. I usually have better luck going to the compendium in question and navigating from its ToC. In the case of ability scores, I can get that whole section by going here:&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Step-by-Step%20Characters#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Step-by-Step%20Characters#content</a> It works, but it's certainly not convenient, focused or intuitive.