Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

When will we have access to token bar settings and proper implementation of defaulttoken on the API?

keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The token bars were redesigned near the beginning of the year. Every other feature of a token has API access. This allows API users to quickly prep tokens. The Token Bar settings (position, show numbers) continue to have no API access. defaulttoken annoying resets the token bars to their old default positions and settings. This doubly makes setting up a token for a character or NPC impossible to do programmatically. The thread for the token bar settings was closed due to inactivity with this issue still pending. Is fixing this still a ticketed item with any plans to address?  Is Roll20 still committed to developing and maintaining the API for API users? There may be roadblocks to implementing this, but it seems unlikely, unless the changes were not coded properly with API access in mind. Please give an update on this.
Hello keithcurtis, I have moved this issue to the API forum.  Additionally, I have passed this along to the devs for more information. As soon as we have more information, we will let you know.  Thanks!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hiya Dragon Dreamer, I actually considered its placement carefully. I had put it into the bug forum because it is a bug that was never resolved on the bug forum, where it was brought up and where it was detailed and where feedback had been requested (and eventual updates had been promised). The API forum is not for reporting API bugs per the Read This First post: API Forum: Only Discuss the Roll20 API The API Forum is intended to be used to discuss the Roll20 API by sharing tips and tricks as well as fully working scripts and examples with the community. Sharing Scripts The easiest way to share a script is to create a  Github Gist  of it. You can then just insert a link to the Gist in your post and the forum software will automatically embed the latest version of the script in the post. If you make changes, just modify the Gist. Creating a GitHub account first will make later edits easier to manage. Posting Scripts Any scripts that you post should be your own original work. By posting them here, you are agreeing to share them with the community, and understand that other users are free to copy and modify them to use in their own campaigns. One Thread per Script You can post new replies to the thread if there are updates to the script. Nothing in there addresses feedback on existing issues or reporting bugs. I am not sharing a script, posting a script, talking about a script or discussing tips and tricks using API scripts. I'm not even talking about an API script that has a bug. It is a bug report about an API feature that was never resolved.  However, thank you for passing it on.

Edited 1570384107
Nolan T. J.
Roll20 Team
keithcurtis said: The thread for the token bar settings was closed due to inactivity with this issue still pending. Is fixing this still a ticketed item with any plans to address?  Is Roll20 still committed to developing and maintaining the API for API users? There may be roadblocks to implementing this, but it seems unlikely, unless the changes were not coded properly with API access in mind. Please give an update on this. Hey, Keith-- We are still committed to supporting the API, and have been discussing the expansions we want to make to that area of the platform a lot of late. The urgency of our conversation increased recently, when we had a week without user-generated new scripts being submitted.  We know the API is a valued tool and a reason for Roll20's success; we need to maintain an environment where people want to develop with it.  A renewed emphasis toward the API will be made in scoping any redesigns. As to the specific token bar issue, I've confirmed it's still an active ticket in our backlog and made inquiry as to timeline.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Nolan! I appreciate the feedback. 
Davemania
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Just wanted to chime in to say that this particular issue and continued API support in general are both important to me as well!
&gt;a week with no API scripts released. I'd be more willing to release them if I didn't have to post in the release thread every 1 month and 29 days just to keep it alive. Pre-edit: I made a Suggestion.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7823596/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7823596/</a>

Edited 1570659704
GM Michael
API Scripter
Can't speak for anyone else, but at least in my case, it's the sheetworker bug that's blocking what I have in mind for SpellMaster and Mass Combat, which are the two at the top of my todo list. Been a bit discouraging that what I'd like to do is liable to fail periodically, so I've been occupying my time in other ways.