Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Lost character pictures

I am not sure if this is where I am supposed to be posting this, but if anyone on the roll20 team can assist me it would be appreciated. I recently revived an old campaign that I ran and a lot of my character pictures simply vanished. These images weren't easily to find since the type of game is incredibly niche. Can they be put back? More info regarding matter can be given upon request, please reply here or contact me via email <a href="mailto:ragrook.as@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">ragrook.as@gmail.com</a>
Hello Ragrook, Unfortunately, this would require a Rollback. As such, since a Rollback can only go back 7 days, it is unlikely that a Rollback will help with this specific instance as this is an older game. However, as a Pro subscriber, you can attempt a Rollback to see if it helps.&nbsp; If a Rollback doesn't help and if the images have been deleted from your Recent Uploads area, it will need to be re-uploaded and re-added to your game.&nbsp;
Thank you but I've already deduced the issue. It is my belief that when I kicked out a player in my game that it also removed my photos associated to the characters. Honestly, I believe that images should be tied to the game. Not to individual accounts. If I am correct, don't worry about performing a rollback
Did you upload the images to your Art Library or did you just find them via the image search? If you just found them via search, it's possible that they are no longer available on the original websites.
Hello Again Ragrook, Ragrook said: Thank you but I've already deduced the issue. It is my belief that when I kicked out a player in my game that it also removed my photos associated to the characters. Honestly, I believe that images should be tied to the game. Not to individual accounts. If I am correct, don't worry about performing a rollback Due to piracy and licensing concerns, all assets are tied to an individual's account. However, if you are the Game's Creator, any assets you upload will stay with your account regardless of if a player is removed or not. The only caveat here is if they are a Co-DM and use any of their assets. When they leave, the assets would not be available after they leave.&nbsp; Where these images uploaded by you?
These images were provided by me in a zip file but sadly weren't uploaded by me. In an effort to save time to start playing asap back when I was first trying to launch the game I granted temporary access to some players to be Co-GMs. After everything was said and done I removed that privilege, one of the players who wasn't active I kicked out and started this issue. Had I of known this was going to happen, I wouldn't of done so. This forum post can be closed though, since I don't think there is anything that can actually be solved. Thank you for your time everyone
Hello Ragrook, I am sorry that these images have been lost. To help prevent these issues in the future, check out the Art Library wiki for more information on how it works.&nbsp; And as always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will now close this post.&nbsp; Thanks!