Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tip the GM type Paid games and the dangers of chargebacks?

I'm very hesitant to run tip friendly games here on Roll20, mostly because of the risk of chargebacks, which on Paypal can be upwards of 25 USD per charge, and I know that someone people have and will abuse it to screw over someone, some Twitch streamers before bits were introduced lost something along the lines of 50% of their revenue via paypal tips due to chargeback trolls. So to those who have run pay-to-play games in the past, am I just being paranoid? Or is the threat of chargebacks really a thing to be concerned about?
You could always use Zelle or Venmo for getting paid.  They offer no chargeback or fraud protections to users.  They are basically like giving someone cash.