Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with the Handout Formatting

This is driving me insane. Someone please help - I genuinely feel as if I might pop a blood vessel from frustration. I've had issues with the Roll20 handouts for as long as I can remember - to which I have to say, that they are an absolute disaster. I cannot emphasize on how many times I had to fiddle around for hours on end just to get rid of one tiny little annoyance the formatting itself was bringing upon me, not to any fault of mine. I am going to show you what I mean exactly: please mind the wall of text about to be dropped upon you. ... The third divine to lay his hand upon this realm was the brother of that which illuminated it - the  Dark God , who, in jealousy, sought to disrupt the peace that reigned over the kingdom. In envy he wrought many terrors, come as demons, or as men. Those  Shedomites , who come from a different stock than ours, and see warmth another way, are one of the many servants of entropy. Vengard STRENGTH ENDURANCE AGILITY INTELLIGENCE WILLPOWER PERCEPTION PERSONALITY 27 27 24 25 25 27 25 Vengards are light-skinned and of a medium height. They are often brown-haired, yet sometimes display a pronounced Northern ancestry through auburn or blonde hair, which they tend to consider especially attractive. Their eyes include all known colors. Many dedicate their lives to hard work and strive to leave a legacy to their children, while some work as mercenaries for the various petty nobles of the land. A select few follow the strict doctrine of the Fire Lord, and seek to illuminate the realm through literacy and piety, while some may choose to master the various schools of magic known by man. Traits Resistance (Magic, 1) -  The First Men, who where Vengard's original inhabitants before the arrival of Alaric and his knights, had a culture that was deeply steeped in Mysticism. While this ethnic group has far since been absorbed into mainstream Vengard culture, their natural affinity for magic has undoubtedly strongly influenced the bloodlines of the realm. Power Well (10) -  The Wanderer was a mythical figure recognized by almost all civilizations as being the first man to discover and manipulate magick. Before he died, he chose to divide his immense spiritual reserves among a few select races that he saw as being wise enough to truly capitalize upon this newfound potential. The original Vengards were one of them. Powers Fire Within  - A handful of Vengards have been blessed by the Fire Lord at birth for reasons unknown to anyone but the divine themselves. You learn the ability to use the  Fire Bolt  (Level 2),  Fire Bite  (Level 2) and  Fire Shield  (Level 2) spells for the rest of the encounter, regardless of your knowledge in Destruction. You count as being Novice in that school of magic if you are Untrained. If your Skill Ranks exceed Novice, then you use the bonus received from them instead. Can only be used once per day. Norman STRENGTH ENDURANCE AGILITY INTELLIGENCE WILLPOWER PERCEPTION PERSONALITY 29 30 26 22 26 25 22 Normans are usually pale and tall. Their hair is as fair as their complexion, often blonde and sometimes brown. Those with red hair are considered as being tainted by a malevolent spirit. Black and blue eyes are the most common. After their arrival in Vengard, the Normans found a land that is divided on how to address them - some welcome them with open arms, while others avoid them out of fear or prejudice. I've dropped a straight excerpt from one of my handouts to show what I mean - despite me tinkering with this issue for the past hour, the line between the Vengard and Norman race is NOT there, no matter if it appears as having been there in this Copy-Paste of mine, or the actual editing page of the handout. After I click save, the Horizontal Line just DISAPPEARS! This happens to three other sections within that very same Handout. They appear to be there, but they are just not after I click save and exit. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why this is so. Please, help me understand. I'm going crazy.
Here is another attached picture to show proof of this.
Hello eygrima, I am sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with formatting. I copy and pasted the information you provided above into an new handout in a tests game. The Horizontal Rule shows up when I have copied it. As such, I am unable to replicate this issue.  As a workaround, can you take a copy of your text above and paste it into your handout and see if that works? Let us know. Thanks!
Dragon Dreamer said: Hello eygrima, I am sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with formatting. I copy and pasted the information you provided above into an new handout in a tests game. The Horizontal Rule shows up when I have copied it. As such, I am unable to replicate this issue.  As a workaround, can you take a copy of your text above and paste it into your handout and see if that works? Let us know. Thanks! Hey Dragon, Thank you very much for your response. I've done the same as well in the past few hours I've had, and noticed that, while the issue disappears after a new handout is created and the content is pasted there, if any sort of modification is done to the handout, whether it be an extra space, letter, or image, some of the lines, seemingly at random, disappear. The only workaround I've found is to keep copy-pasting my content into a new handout every time I make any sort of change to it. While I am glad I can bypass this somehow, it is still quite stressful. I suspect this might be happening possibly because of the page indent, as, when I make the handout window smaller than is necessary to see the handout correctly, the lines re-appear - but if I make the handout window larger, they disappear. Would appreciate a bit more of a look into the matter. Your assistance is much appreciated. Thank you!
Hello again eygrima, Thank you for that information.  To be able to rule out possible causes and provide a baseline for support,  please carefully work through the following steps of our guide to   Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If the issue is still persisting, please thoroughly work through all of the requested information  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) As soon as we get that information, we will be able to provide additional assistance. Thank you!