Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Player Map Access

So one of the issues that my groups have come to is the fact that they are stuck on the map the GM sets them on. This means that if there is a world map they have to be placed on it everytime they wish to check it. Or sometimes we play miniatures games on there and we cannot access our token pages to put down our images. In a perfect world, it would be cool to essentially give maps access for players to change to them like how sheets & macros have access. Then a player can switch to them at any point without issue. The current system of the player banner or specific player banner can be used to decide what page they load into on joining a game, and for a GM to force a player back onto a page. It could also give the players/that player temporary access to switch to it on command while it is there, but remove it once it is gone. That last part might be difficult though so that really is perfect world stuff.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It is a good suggestion but there is a current workaround in the mean time by the use of an API script (you're a pro subscriber is why I mention this).
Oh. That's really good to know, thank you. I still will stand by my point being a normal feature however, as some of my friends are not pro subscribers and cannot really afford it for such a simple addition.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I still think it is a good suggestion which is why I said what I said. There is a current workaround which works for some (pro subs) but having the option to toggle a map or few for player access would be nice.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .