Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] In Scifi/Shooter sort of game - not sure what system is best

. Hi all Playing DnD at the moment, but really like the idea of a RPG that is more "realistic" (not the best word). By which I mean less magic and dragons, and more guns, technology and a scifi vibe. Best way I can think to describe it is...Mass effect (guns, tech abilities and space travel) Not sure what game best meets this criteria, but I am up for learning and trying new systems. Would like to be a character rarther than controlling a ship - which I think starfinder and star trek are like. Also open to a game that is like Monster Hunter Tri, but that may be a bit limited. I am GMT+1. To keep this post from getting too long, please find further information about me on a previous thread of mine. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7790718/in-search-of-a-theatre-of-the-mind-dm-to-build-solid-team" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7790718/in-search-of-a-theatre-of-the-mind-dm-to-build-solid-team</a>
Grim G.
Plus
Sheet Author
For the best system? That's relative. Although I do believe there is a homebrewed Mass Effect RPG. On a related subject, I am looking for one last player for my Eclipse Phase game if you're interested. Eclipse Phase is a Sci Fi RPG about a transhuman future where you can come back to life after death, switch bodies, 3D print everything from food to guided bullets, and a bunch of other crazy stuff. For a little more context, the adventure will take place on Europa. If you're interested, PM me. The first session will be this Sunday at 11:30am EST. You'll need to have a character ready by then and I'll help you with that. Don't worry too much about the rules. I'll help you with them and provide a copy of the rule book.
Well, for science fiction I can certainly recommend GURPS, if you're willing to learn a fairly strategic and crunchy system. While the name does stand for GENERAL universe roleplaying system, I would definitely claim that fairly hard science-fiction is one of its strong suits.