Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Free to Play, Paid Game Quality, 5E with an Old School Feel, Uses DMG Variants, New Players or Veterans Welcome

Edited 1571447061
Ajax
Pro
Game is Will Be Played on Wednesday Nights at 7:00 PM CDT (midwest USA), sessions last three hours. Reliable Players Only. Must Have Good Audio Capabilities (mike and headphones) Discord will be used without Video. I put in a lot of time to make my games the quality they are, but I will never charge for something I love doing. If you are Interested in Playing in this Campaign Respond Here with your Age (I prefer mature level headed players) and a Simple Character Concept or Two (i.e. Human Paladin or Elf Warlock). Once a Group of 4 or 5 acceptable Characters is established the Campaign will begin. I will decide on Characters based on the planned Story. As a Heads Up there won't be any Monks. Emphasis is on Role Play not Character Building  Thank you for your time, Ajax
How long do you think the games would run each night? Age over 30
Sessions are three hours long, from 7:00 PM until 10:00 PM CDT...
Hello Ajax,  I'm 36, and I'm interested in playing a game as a Paladin or Fighter that focuses on protecting their allies. Their background would be some kind of soldier who spent most of their time fighting as part of a shield wall. I don't have a racial preference, but Dwarf or Human seem the most fitting to me. Can I ask what you mean by "Old School Feel"?
The campaign will use a lot of things from the DMG Variants and will have a grittier more realistic feel. Rolled Stats and Hit Points for instance.
That's good to know. Thanks for replying. 
I like old school.  I'm 43.  Human Wizard or Aasimar Paladin.
or Minoutaur Fighter or Werelion Ranger  :-)
Im very new to tabletops and roll20 and this peaked my interest. I currently haven't played a single game which i pretty sad and i hope this will be the game will be the one to open my eyes
Very interested. 33 years old and I'm the forever DM of my usual play group. I'm interested in playing a character that would be a human fighter, a classic knight in shining armor type, but is no spring chicken anymore. I'm also interested in a dragonborn...something. A rogue, cleric, or paldin, depending on what needs the party has.
Most but not all of the Player's Handbook will be acceptable. The other WOTC material is not used. If you are accepted you will receive the Link where you can get a character sheet and create your character, the campaign is set to start on Wednesday the 30th of October (about 10 days from now).
Andrew S. said: Very interested. 33 years old and I'm the forever DM of my usual play group. I'm interested in playing a character that would be a human fighter, a classic knight in shining armor type, but is no spring chicken anymore. Perhaps if both you and I are accepted, we could be a pair of humans who fought side by side in the past? Either two fighters (which would be unusual for an adventuring party, but not unrealistic), or a fighter and a paladin? I'd happily be the guy with a shield at your back while you took down the big bad guys.
Jay G. said: Andrew S. said: Very interested. 33 years old and I'm the forever DM of my usual play group. I'm interested in playing a character that would be a human fighter, a classic knight in shining armor type, but is no spring chicken anymore. Perhaps if both you and I are accepted, we could be a pair of humans who fought side by side in the past? Either two fighters (which would be unusual for an adventuring party, but not unrealistic), or a fighter and a paladin? I'd happily be the guy with a shield at your back while you took down the big bad guys. That could be fun! Always a fan of characters that know each other before the campaign.

Edited 1571631414
33, forever DM who aint played since 2e. id love to play a straight wizard. also love the idea of making a char in concert with the party/others so we can riff of how we came together. ones i had fun with in the past were gnome illusionist, when i played him a long time ago, it was as a theif/mage that got reformed by the paladin of the group an aged abjurantionist, when i played him a long time ago it was as a grandfather to the fighter of the group and a studious evocation, when i played him a long time ago he was a fairly straightforward wizard/student type that was freshly graduated.
Hello I’m new and I em 16 years of age not very good at this stuff so I will end it here I just like dnd and want to play with more then one group of people.
28, my IRL playgroup can't manage to finish a run of Tomb of Annihilation. If there's still room at the table I'd like to take a Half-Elf Bard out for a spin, woo the ladies and buff the smacky men, maybe cause more trouble than I solve with my big mouth. You know, Bard stuff. I'm looking forward to hearing back from you, and if not, good luck in your future endeavors.
Ajax, I am new to TTRPG and have focused on learning both Pathfinder and D&D 5e.  I have theory crafted several characters and am looking forward to playing in my first game.  I am sure I will screw up a few times so as long as that doesn't bother you I would love to join.  I am fairly open to any build but I would prefer either a dwarf warrior or a human ranger but will let you make the call.  I am 42.  If selected I would love to get with the other players before the game begins to discuss any existing relationships our PCs may have.  Hope to hear from you. 
I am 47 with 30+ years playing, about half of those DMing, and I am looking to pick up a game or two to play in rather than run. It is a lot of fun running them, but occasionally it is fun to just sit back and play without all the work. Looking at the characters already floated I am leaning towards a cleric or thief since those are the 2 not stated yet that are always VERY helpful in game. The thief would be an archer assassin and the cleric would be war if it is allowed or tempest if it isn't. That is unless you allow mystics.....
Hi Ajax, I'm 22 with around two years of experience in 5e. Wednesday night games look just right for my schedule, so I look forward to starting up if you choose me from the masses of your applicants (you're a very popular person here!) I have a couple of characters in mind. One being a Loxodon druid who lost his way from his tribe and was raised by a family of wood elves. Another idea I have is a gnome wizard who is intrigued by all of the possibilities in potion creation, so he set off to gather materials to start journaling his findings. I hope all goes well with your campaign!
Hi, Ajax I am 23 I am a returning to the game after a two year break, and I am wanting to jump right in again, I haven't played much actually (only ever dmed really) My character is a selfless spirited dwarf cleric of life domain. I have Wednesday off every week, and I actively am trying to get into a consistent group! Thank you for you time!
This game has accepted 8 players and is now considered full. Thanks to all who applied here and through private messages. I hate to turn anyone who wants to play, away but this game is now Full. Sorry to those who were not accepted. -Ajax