Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[LFG] Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 / 5E / Pathfinder || Chill Player who loves the RP and World building. ||

1571069524

Edited 1571764437
Sup, i'm VIII you can pronounce that V-Eye or Eight up to you! First off i'd like to thank you for reading my topic and taking the time out to do so. ^^" I'm a 25 year old dude who's played for around 5 years total of exp of Dungeons and Dragons between my humble beginnings of 3.5 when I was eighteen to Pathfinder and then finally i'm here at 5E. I'm more than willing to revisit any of the three games and am super excited to get back into it.  Me as a person, I like to build my characters to fit perfectly into the DM's world lore as best as I can so alot of the backstory I like to leave more so base and vague of course as campaigns go along the characters like most people in life shift and change, sort of mold into the world like a puzzle piece. I have an example character which i'll list below to kind of give you an idea on my mindset on the subject.  But yeah outside of that I rather enjoy the combat of DnD and overall the togetherness that it brings into people. The community and communication and just hanging out has always been a big factor in my life so i'm always looking to accommodate other players needs as well as always looking to promote fun and overall good vibes.  I'm really inexperienced when it comes to the roll 20 system since most of my games were pen and paper but i'm always looking to learn and catch on rather quick. I work so during my week my schedule may or may not have a chance to shift though its pretty unlikely i'll of course let the DM know whenever there will be an absence if any at all. Bellow I will list just general information and the character concepts. Info Free to Play Only Discord: feel free to pm me for info! Available times [Eastern Standard Time] Monday 8am - 11pm Thursday 6pm -11pm Saturday 6pm - 11pm Character Concepts (Examples): [ Abridged ] Elf / Half-Elf Rogue: An orphan of war who grew up stealing and pick pocketing for survival eventually he was caught by a kind doctor who had seen him taking his wife's prized anniversary necklace and instead of turning him in to the police the doctor gave new hope and a lease on life to the young street urchin. Eventually his step brother the doctors blood related kin would grow jealous and seek to cut him out of the fortune anyway he could and that would be to frame him with the very necklace he was once caught stealing. Now the young elf seeks not revenge but redemption and another shot at the new life he had lost. Kobold / Goblin / Lizardfolk Ranger: Skizix wasn't the brightest or the bravest out there but he was one with a heart an oddity among his people and it showed. Constantly a loner his whole life in the clan he still contributed in ways that he could going out for hunts to find meat and bring back to his village and his people. He never really quite knew why he did it for the people who had ridiculed and shamed him for his sympathy,but it helped him find peace in solitude among the trees and animals of the marsh.  One morning while out on a hunt deeper into the swamp than he would normally tread he started to think and think as he saw no signs of wildlife in the area something was amiss. He took his bow in hand and had an arrow nocked at the ready.... Something was really wrong, The air it felt denser and denser and then suddenly the feeling of warmth emanating from back toward home he turned and to his dismay he saw it. His village had been lit ablaze and the screams and warcrys of his people started to reach his ears now he had figured they'd been having a party but this was no party he had ever seen. He rushed his way back home in a panic hiding among the brushes and trees slipping towards it unseen as he walked he noticed something the closer he approached... Humans... Elves and Dwarves... a band of adventurers... a monsters worst nightmare. As quick as they came they left on horseback toward the kingdom to the east, That is where he would look for these bastards but first he had other matters to attend. He quickly ran into the village yelling and yelping for anyone who was alive. He paused for a moment and was greeted only with the sounds of crackling fire and the stench of melted flesh and bone. 
Hey , im very new to tabletops and roll20. But i read through your topic loved it just wanted to say if i could join.
to you both: these threads aren't how you join a game and your almost never going to get a game if you go in expecting to play a pre-made character. In fact pre-mades tend to turn off DM interest in you as a player because it means you have expectations the DM has to define and then meet. In a community so saturated with players and so few DMs that paid DMing is a viable JOB... ya your not going to get in a game...
Commander Dulton I think the characters were meant as examples of what kind of effort or style he puts into them. It wasn't a these are who I have to play if I get in a game at least that's how his post read to me.
Yea Commander Dulton i'm also pretty sure the characters were style 
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/170767/the-world-of-dynas-nost-era-ii" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/170767/the-world-of-dynas-nost-era-ii</a> is available -- people are gathering for a wednesday group although there's room in the others. (Greasy, you're welcome to join as well).
Pfft. I like this post and if I had a spot open, I would have contacted the OP immediately. It's well-written and gives me a good sense of the player. Looking for a game you think sounds fun is always a good thing, but putting yourself out there with a post like this is also great. *thumbs up*
Ah hello everyone ^^" just wanted to thank you all! was super surprised how fast everyone started to reply after a couple of days haha~ I didn't think i'd get this much interest but yeah they were just some examples of my character and writing style thank you all so much I have found a home on my sundays though i'm looking perhaps for Monday evening to morning campaigns if you have any interest feel free to message me!&nbsp; Again sorry for the late reply on my end been a busy couple weekend for me thank you all!
1571691430

Edited 1571691515
Edit: Adjusted my Available times my Sunday nights have been occupied by a campaign though i'm looking forward to a campaign on Monday (Anytime) Thursday Nights as well as Saturday Nights being open for me! :D
Hello, We a group of DM’s are setting up a West Marches Campaign. A West Marches Campaign is done a bit differently from a normal DND campaign such as in 1) There is no regular time: every session is scheduled by the players .We have a pool of 3 DM’S free on set days of the week for the campaign or other days by appointment.&nbsp; 2) There is no regular party: each game has different players drawn from a pool of around 10-12 people. 3) The players decided where to go and what to do. It is a sandbox game in a sense, I.E a group of players will say we heard rumors of that old monastery I want to explore it who wants to come with me; or such as a player may post a quest to get help completing a goal important to them. It is a more cooperative and story based campaign as it forces players to work together in an interesting fashions. The world is one of a new land being settled, you are among the first group of adventures coming to this land. Supplies are limited and harsh making choices and gold that much more valuable. Let me know if this sounds interesting to you.&nbsp;
I'd be more than happy to interview you, I'm putting together a world and a story but I like a single player to have a crack at this world... If you are interested, PM me and I'll send you my discord.
I'll give it some thought and get back to you soon as I am available a bit swamped this week in particular irl. &gt;.&lt;