Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

A little bit of Macro Help

Hello all, Wonder if someone could help me.  I'm putting together a nested macro so I can call upon some loot when needed.with the macro currently looking like this  /w gm &{template:default} {{name=LootGenerator}} {{Individual Treasure = |[Individual-Loot-CR0-4](! #IndividualLootCR0-4)[IndividualLootCR5-10](! #IndividualLootCR5-10) [IndividualLootCR11-16](! #IndividualLootCR11-16)[IndividualLootCR17-20](! #IndividualLootCR17-20)}}{{Treasure Hoard = | [TreasureHoardCR0-4](!#TreasureHoardCR0-4)[TreasureHoardCR5-10](!#TreasurehoardCR5-10)[TreasureHoardCR11-16](!#TreasureHoardCR11-16)[TreasureHoardCR17+](!#TreasureHoardCR17+)}} the macro works and produces me a table format to click through but only the individual tables, when clicked upon, produce results.  When i click on the hoards (any of them) i get nothing.  When i run the hoard macro's on their own i get results so i must be missing something perhaps in my nested macro?  when building the above nested marcros the hoards never autofilled so i copied the names from the macro's themselves.  Any advice? Samples of the macros being called up: individual table: !rt /w GM &{template:default} {{name=Loot Found}} {{Amount =| [[1t[Individual-Treasure-CR 11-16]]]}}  Hoard !rt /w GM &{template:default} {{name=Loot Found}} {{Coins= | [[1t[Treasure-Hoard-CR-0-4-Coins]]]}}{{Gems/Items = |[[1t[Treasure-Hoard-CR-0-4-Art-Items]]]}} 
So, the quick assumption here is, if you've macros that work on their own, but do not work when called from another macro, you have run into the terrors of character substitutuion.  There is stuff in the wiki about what you have to do to get the sub-macros to work out of the top level macro.  Perhaps someone will be along to explain things better.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It looks like you're using a script (!rt) so you might need help from someone who knows that script, but some thoughts I have: Is this a nested macro, or a chat menu? I'm not seeing the start characters needed for a nested macro (i.e. the ?{nested macro name| part) Are you using the | character as a separator? That may be your issue. Try replacing each | with its html entity: |