Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Scripts] A Listing of All Available API Scripts

Edited 1418766644
PLEASE NOTE: This post is out of date. A community driven listing is being built here and you can help! <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/API:Script_Index" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/API:Script_Index</a> Combat Scripts Auto Initiative Adds the players to the initiative tracker, rolls randomly for them and adds relevant modifiers. Initiative highlighter Highlights a token whose turn it is with a flashing aura Roll comparisons Comparing roll results. Random Turn Order As named. Round Tracker Adds a marker in the initiative which increments automatically. Highlight Token at Top of Initiative Highlights the token at the top of initiative Range Finder Determines the distance between two named tokens Automatic initiative roller and round counter Cone and Circle Templates Ammunition Tracker Tokens - Conditions / Status / Health Conditions and Status Tracker Tracks the status of tokens and announces them as the duration passes. Automatic Status Markers Automatically adjust status markers on tokens HP change Announcement Announces when tokens’ hit points changes. Heal chat command Use commands to heal characters Updated Heal chat Command Automatic Temp HP Management Uses temporary hit points and sets it to automatically remove them first. Target Marking System for marking tokens with status marker Auto create a token Tokens - Movement Auto Teleporting and Chat Based Teleporting Teleporting based on text commands or token locations. Marching order Tracking marching order of characters Carrying tokens Tokens carrying other tokens such as torches. Movement Tracker and Aura Highlighter Uses auras to track character movement based on speeds. Character token locator Creates an aura and shrinks it slowly to help you find your token. Time/Torch Tracker Shrinking light auras of torches. Units Moved Tracks units moved. Disable Rotation via Chat Window Command Disable the rotation of tokens in the chat window. Hourglass, Stopwatch, etc. Visual UI interface. Uses for asking players to wait. Patrolling Tokens Script for patrolling tokens. Trap script (like in vid) Script for using traps. Interpolated trap detection Lighting and Revealing Light Switch Script for turning on and off lights with chat commands. !reveal command Automatically moves tokens from the GM layer to objects layer, making them reveal to players. Light is Closing In... A light reduction script for token movement. Characters - Equipment set weapon values using the API Tracks weapons equipped by characters. Trader Joes Inventory Management Generators It's the Monster Mash! An adventure in Encounters! It's the Monster Mash! An adventure in Encounters! Weather Generator Script RPG Game Dependent Edge of the Empire DnD 4th Edition Edge of the Empire Dice with Images in the Chat Window Edge of the Empire Dice Combat temporary hit points. Also prevents over healing. Tools 4th edition. Adds marking to the Combat script. 4e Helper 4th edition collection of scripts. 4e combat engine 4e Monster generator based on MM3 math Zombie Dice Basic Fantasy Role Playing Game Zombie_Dice A Script for playing zombie dice Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game HERO System AD&D (Dungeons and Dragons 2e) [Script] HERO System scripts to automate the combat 2nd Ed Character Sheet Pathfinder Star Wars Saga PFRPG-ALL-IN-ONE Pathfinder Character Sheet Generator v3 Character sheet generator for Pathfinder Inspired Collection Star Wars Saga Edition Character Sheet Fantasy Craft 2nd Printing Fantasy Craft (2nd printing) - Standard character token management Fantasy Craft - Standard character damage save System Graphic/Token snapshot saving/loading for building your own macros System for tracking a loading token set ups String Formatter Formats a string for printing. Detecting nearest token Script for detecting the nearest token after one is moved. Chat Command Script Script for standardizing and preventing duplication of chat commands. Scrolling Macro bar Roleplay Language Script A script for auto converting text to elven or dwarven. What Did He Say? Language based scripting Misc API command process, standard model. API command process, standard model.
Nice job, stickied!
Great! Thank you Josh.
First link is broken.
So it is... ironically its the link to one of his own codes &nbsp; :-)
Fixed
While this is cool, just wondering from the dev team if at some point you might have a "public" library of free API scripts that developers on Roll20 can push out to and then anyone could pull one into their campaigns, etc. &nbsp;Would work better over the long run than just a "sticky" post. I say "free" scripts, since, also wondering if at some point there might be "protected" scripts (the scripts run in the campaign, but, are not visible/editable) that can be used as part of a purchasable "Campaign Module" in the marketplace (so, even free players could use the APIs since they are part of a paid module, but, it wouldn't be viewable/editable). &nbsp;Just was wondering about the vision, whether it was for that, or is the intent was all APIs scripts are intended to be free/open.
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Dave C. said: While this is cool, just wondering from the dev team if at some point you might have a "public" library of free API scripts that developers on Roll20 can push out to and then anyone could pull one into their campaigns, etc. &nbsp;Would work better over the long run than just a "sticky" post. I say "free" scripts, since, also wondering if at some point there might be "protected" scripts (the scripts run in the campaign, but, are not visible/editable) that can be used as part of a purchasable "Campaign Module" in the marketplace (so, even free players could use the APIs since they are part of a paid module, but, it wouldn't be viewable/editable). &nbsp;Just was wondering about the vision, whether it was for that, or is the intent was all APIs scripts are intended to be free/open. did you try searching before you posted this? <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/236571/api-roadmap#post-236571" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/236571/api-roadmap#post-236571</a> <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/218173/script-repository#post-218173" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/218173/script-repository#post-218173</a>
Thanks for the links Alex.... I totally just blew over the first link, I have actually read that, but, forgot that the public library of API scripts was #1 on the list. The 2nd one, while the concept of putting APIs in campaign modules was mentioned by some, nobody officially has committed to it yet, so, I guess mine is just another voice approving of that concept.
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Dave C. said: The 2nd one, while the concept of putting APIs in campaign modules was mentioned by some, nobody officially has committed to it yet, so, I guess mine is just another voice approving of that concept. As the mods have said before, it is always best to keep everything about a subject in one thread not in many.
Hello! Thank you for this very helpful list! I was wondering if anyone has used Joshuha O's Detecting Nearest Token Script. I would love to have this feature, but I am not sure how to use it without a command prompt. Does anyone happen to know? Thanks again!
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Christopher said: I was wondering if anyone has used Joshuha O's Detecting Nearest Token Script. I would love to have this feature, but I am not sure how to use it without a command prompt. Does anyone happen to know? Thanks again! I'm not sure what you mean? When a token is added to the map, the script builds a tree structure containing tokens on the map. When a token moves, it updates the tree and logs the token nearest to the one that moved. If you want to do something with that information, you should edit the findNearestToken function, which begins on line 137. The variable "token" is the nearest token to the one that moved. (If there are equidistant tokens, the northernmost one is chosen.)
Would it be possible to add a script to mass effect abilities?&nbsp; While DM-ing it would be nice to have a macro or script that would automate the distribution of xp, coins, damage/healing, AC loss/gain. i.e. the party has defeated a band of thieves, 35xp needs to be added to every character. or due to an untimely roll the party falls off the worn rope bridge to the icy waters below. (i could hit my macro button and they could all take [ pop up variable ] amount of damage.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
findObjs and filterObjs can both get you where you want to be, Mike. Both functions are documented on the wiki . Which one to use kinda depends on exactly what you're trying to do and what variety of similar types of objects are in your campaign. If you need help writing the script, more information would be helpful! =)
Hello, I have been looking at these scripts the last week or so and if I decide to use a few of the API scripts like the auto initiative and the initiative is highlighter, is there a guide on how to install these? I have no clue about any kind of coding and do not feel comfortable doing this blindly because I just do not want to screw anything up. Thanks David

Edited 1380140774
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
From the campaign info page, click "API Scripts" (below "Invite Players" on the left side). Paste the script you want into the large black text area, give it a name, and click the Save button at the bottom. If you wish to add more scripts, click on the "New Script" tab at the top of the page first; while you could put all of the scripts on the same page (and in fact that's what happens while they are running in your game), putting them in separate tabs helps to sort them, and allows you to enable/disable them separately.
Thanks Brian, I have another question. Once I paste the script in and save it are they always going to be on when I log into which ever campaign I want to play? Also is there a chance these scripts would mess a game up? As in messing up my maps I have made or character sheets or whatnot. Sorry if these a re lame questions but I truly do not know about this stuff lol

Edited 1380174255
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The scripts will only be on in the campaign you paste them into. You can disable scripts individually in each tab (there's an enable/disable button next to Save). Scripts will not follow you between campaigns. It's possible for a script to "mess a game up," although unlikely. The API can modify almost everything in the game (although it can only create characters and handouts, plus attributes/abilities for characters), but most scripts are written to do one specific thing (or a set of closely related things), and are usually tested before being posted as new threads in this forum. If a script has problems, people are usually quick to point them out. More likely than messing up your maps would be a script running into errors (which turns off all of your scripts until the error is fixed or the script is disabled/removed), or a bug in a script which sends messages to the chat triggering on the messages it sends. (ex: a script waits for a player to post some kind of message, and posts another one in response... and then sees its own response, running the script a second time!) It is a good idea to have a campaign to test out new scripts; a copy of your actual campaign or a simple sandbox campaign, whichever you prefer.
Does anyone have a problem with the auto initiative script? I can use it one time in both of my games and then it just stops working. It stops working so much to where it wont even emote that combat begins or even pop open the turn interface. Anyone else having this same issue and if so what would I need to do to get this fixed so I can use this awesome script for an entire game and just not the first roll of the night?
I have another question for a script idea. Do you folks know if there is a way to configure a macro for crits? Meaning if an NPC of mine gets a normal hit and rolls a 1d8+4 normal damage in this macro, will the macro recognize a natural 20 rolled (or for D&amp;D Next, A Path of the Warrior Fighter getting a critical strike on an 18,19 or 20) and would add an additional 1d8 for the crit damage for a total macro roll of 2d8+4? Thanks in advance David
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
David, I just came up with this script . Tell me what you think!
Hey David, I've been having issues with the auto initiative script as well. To work around, I've been deleting the script and creating a new one in place of it.
I am having a lot of trouble with the Movement Tracker. I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong... The waypoints don't seem to be working for me. I have 15 tokens named XPin1, XPin2, etc... but they don't seem to be appearing under the token when I am moving it. Can anybody help?
Never mind... I figured out what I was doing wrong :)
I have the Character Sheet Generator and Auto-Init both work fine, but I notice that each time I try a new script off of here now I am getting Unexpected Identifier, so I have to disable whatever new script I am adding. My first two scripts are fine and as long as they are the only two enabled all good. Am I missing something?
Disable both of those you have, and just run one of the scripts alone and see if it works. If not, then its probably a problem with the updates to the API. A lot of changes have been happening to the API, and scripts arent nessicarily updated to match those changes.
As a note, I will happily add your script to this list. Please just PM me with the following: The shortened name of the script, the link to the script's form post, and a brief description of your script. Ideally it will be formatted as they are above. I do not have the time to scour the forums for scripts I have missed, sadly, but can easily add what people send me. Thanks and happy gaming!
Updated Heal chat Command Available at <a href="http://pastebin.com/bKeN1JFg" rel="nofollow">http://pastebin.com/bKeN1JFg</a> What's New: -Specific value healing (ie Heal 6hp instead of a health reset) Known Problems: -The "!heal all" command no longer functions correctly. Original Credit to Stephen L and Thanks to Nick T for helping me with the coding. I couldn't have done it without him.
Updated! I searched the forums for any posted scripts and added them to the list. If I missed yours, please let me know and I will add it immediately. Finally I have some free time to work on this stuff! ::squeal:: I also will be working on my auto-initiative script to try to get the kinks out. Will keep you posted!
that is great to hear :) still using your first version with great success, can't wait to see how you improve the new one.
I am using the patrol script and it wont turn around before going the next direction. how can i fix this??
sorry idk
The language script isn't working, the github link is broke.
Unfortunately, the creator seems to have pulled it down. Thats disappointing.
13th Age PowerCard based power use tracking and automated stuff for healing and power recovery. <a href="https://github.com/dylanetaft/PowerCard13thAgeCompanion" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/dylanetaft/PowerCard13thAgeCompanion</a>
I have a question about the Updated Heal chat Command. I can't seem to get it to work with inputting an amount healed. What I've been trying: !heal Minty 5 !heal Minty 5hp All that happens is a chat line saying I healed him. If I leave the number blank, it does heal him completely. Sorry if I have this in the wrong place, but I couldn't find a forum post specifically referencing it.
Alicia
Sheet Author
Jennifer L. said: I have a question about the Updated Heal chat Command. I can't seem to get it to work with inputting an amount healed. What I've been trying: !heal Minty 5 !heal Minty 5hp All that happens is a chat line saying I healed him. If I leave the number blank, it does heal him completely. Sorry if I have this in the wrong place, but I couldn't find a forum post specifically referencing it. You're going to want to post your question in the thread for the API script rather than here.
Alicia G said: Jennifer L. said: I have a question about the Updated Heal chat Command. I can't seem to get it to work with inputting an amount healed. What I've been trying: !heal Minty 5 !heal Minty 5hp All that happens is a chat line saying I healed him. If I leave the number blank, it does heal him completely. Sorry if I have this in the wrong place, but I couldn't find a forum post specifically referencing it. You're going to want to post your question in the thread for the API script rather than here. I looked and couldn't find one for that script. The link goes directly to pastebin and I don't see a way for me to message the person who posted it. =/
Dylan, please link to the post you presented and described your script in this forums, not right to github. This gives people an opportunity to ask you questions with your script.
Hi, i couldn´t use the Patrolling Token. In the API Screen appears "Going Guard A"...somebody could help me?
While this is neat, why don't we see about getting a wiki page going for it? Some way for people with finished scripts to edit the list and offer what they have would be neat, plus I think it would be easier to find what you're looking for with the wiki, and no risk of 2 months of activity locking the thread...

Edited 1402067681
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Logan P. said: While this is neat, why don't we see about getting a wiki page going for it? Some way for people with finished scripts to edit the list and offer what they have would be neat, plus I think it would be easier to find what you're looking for with the wiki, and no risk of 2 months of activity locking the thread... Create a page for your script on the wiki (I recommend making it a subpage of your userpage, so for example my collision detection script is on User:235259/Collision Detection) Add [[Category:User API Scripts| Script Name ]] to the page. There's also [[Category:API Commands| Script Name ]] for scripts which create a chat command (as opposed to scripts which do something automatically without any !command input from a user). Adding the script name allows the page to be indexed correctly in the category, otherwise it will be listed under "U" (for a User: subpage). Your script is now listed on User API Scripts and/or API Commands .
My apologies, I should have gone looking at the wiki to see if people were already using it. That said, I do think a page like this thread which indexes the scripts and gives a short description of them that everyone can edit is probably a good idea.

Edited 1402087482
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If we got the Dynamic Page Lister extension installed on the wiki, that could be automatically generated. For example, grab all pages from the User API Scripts category, display a link to the page and the first sentence (or first paragraph, perhaps) of the article. =)
Aye, that sounds like it'd be a good idea, would take even less work than manually managing a thread. Are they talking about adding that extension?
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No talk, I'm just thinking aloud.
Any idea if Trader Joe is still working? There wasn't much in the way of "Do this to make it function..." I see it triggers on chat msg, but i didn't find any !command to kick start it. I did try !traderjoe, but the API just tells me that roll20API is not defined. Not sure if the code has gone through any changes in the last 6 months since there wasn't any update to TraderJoe since Dec 9. I ask, because this list is great and I wanted to be sure the API listed were still working. Wasn't sure if anyone was removing obsolete API.