Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Different languages

Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
For the Kraken race in my game I wanted phrases they could utter that we would never bother to translate for the other players. You might want your dwarves to sometimes let slip a salty phrase in Dwarvish. The code is simple, but hopefully you can make a flavor that is fun for your players. The best part of the idea, I think, is to cover the 10 most common emotions: Anger, anticipation, disgust, fear, joy, love, sadness, surprise, trust, and remorse. Your player selects by emotion, the output is something other players will have to figure out by context. /em intones: ?{Says in Kraken |ENCOURAGE them,For Admiral Caspian! |SHAME them,By Tal Rathus' tentacle! |REFUSE them,Take your little fish away from the land! |CRAZY them,Barnacles are in brain |ANGER,By Unstoppable Mel'lathe! |ANTICIPATION,By The Chains Of Zisi-seth! |DISGUST,By The Hearts Of Nu'roiurnti! |FEAR,By The Key Of Unkillable Cocreust! |JOY,Lenesu fulfills as told! |LOVE,By The Tail Of Lenesu! |SADNESS,By The Tails Of Wia'maloph! |SURPRISE,By The Torc Of Omniscient Horon! |REMORSE, I am Wai'maloph, truely. |TRUST,Never in the Realm of the Seven!}
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
"Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra!"
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
keithcurtis said: "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra!" hahaha -- That is *exactly* what I was going for!
Ohhh interesting, thanks for sharing