Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Made a map yesterday and saved it. Went back in and it was there. But not today...

Today it's gone.  That's pretty much it. I see all the pictures I uploaded, but the actual map I created where I placed them as well as a lot of other edits is gone.   Help? 
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
At any time was there a red banner? If that popped up then you were not connected to Roll20 servers.
Hello Rerednaw, As Pat S. has suggested, did you encounter any error messages while you were creating your map? If so, what was the error message? Additionally, to rule out any other potential causes and provide a baseline for future support,  please carefully work through the following steps of our guide to   Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If you do see any error messages, If possible please provide us a screenshot of the error message and thoroughly work through all of the requested information in  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!  

Edited 1572551913
I was thinking that...but I was uploading pics to use as I went, and I was on for hours....but this morning...poof.  The uploaded pics are there, but no map. Pat S. said: At any time was there a red banner? If that popped up then you were not connected to Roll20 servers. And to the other person, thanks for the info, but no error message.  Not sure what happened.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Another possibility. Did you by any chance have two games open simultaneously in different tabs or windows? Roll20 thinks you are working in the last active one, and an unintentional refresh can confuse it.
keithcurtis said: Another possibility. Did you by any chance have two games open simultaneously in different tabs or windows? Roll20 thinks you are working in the last active one, and an unintentional refresh can confuse it. That must have been what happened.  I sometimes do that to confirm my maps are being saved.  It's not a big deal I took a few hours to redo the map...and this time I took a screenshot as well. :)