Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Using Character Ability Sheet for DM Macros

Hello, I wonder if someone might be able to help me understand the correct way to write this and where i may need to include HTML substitutions.  So after having some issues with Global Macros and doing some reading on here i've seen it suggested to use a character sheet for those types of Macros, which i've created called DMMacros.  Within this sheet i've created some macros to be used within nested chat menus to easily call upon some randomness.  for example i've got: Environment /w GM [[1t[Environment]]] Or Bards /w gm [[1t[Bards]]] What i want to do now is create a chat menu so i can easily roll these all within the same character sheet.  Am i right in thinking that my format for the table needs to be: /w GM &{template:default} {{EncounterGenerator= | [Bards(~Bards)[Environment](~Environment)}}
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The button format depends a lot on where each ability is stored and some other X factor I haven't quite pinned down yet. I'd highly recommend using the full ability command button syntax: /w GM &{template:default} {{EncounterGenerator= | [Bards(~DMMacros|Bards)[Environment](~DMMacros|Environment)}} Other than that, you've got it exactly right; and that change may not even be necessary.
Thank you Scott.  it's working like a charm.  (not that i want to jinx it)
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
glad to hear